Sims 4 Won't Open Due To Corrupted Files

by Sugar_Apple_Pie

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Won't Open Due To Corrupted Files

★★ Novice

I have. I feel like I've done everything and I'm lost at what to try now... I'm just about to give up. I've updated the game through origin, still same issue. I've repaired the game through origin, still same issue. I completely wiped the game from the computer and completely took every single mod and deleted it, then reinstalled the brand new version MCCC but didn't put it on the computer to see if that was the problem, then reinstalled the sims, and once I enabled the mods EXCEPT MCCC that wasn't even put on, the same error still shows up. I know its not the other mods folders too because I've taken them out one by one to see if it was something else but all it keeps showing me is the error message for the corrupted MCCC that doesn't exist at all on the computer from being completely wiped clean. I don't know what to do anymore I'm just about ready to give up on her computer at this point.

Message 21 of 99 (27,955 Views)

@liondreamer27  Since your sister's computer is a PC, you might try asking over in the PC section.  You've established that the issue is unrelated to your mac, so there's no reason for the people over there to direct you back here.  The PC experts will probably have better advice than I can offer, as what I know is limited to the basics of troubleshooting.  You could create a new post explaining the problem (a screenshot of the error would be helpful) and the troubleshooting steps you've taken.  Or if you prefer, you could tag Bluebellflora and ask her to split off your posts here into a new topic, which could then be moved to the PC section.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 22 of 99 (27,947 Views)

★★ Novice
I'm very late but I'll type my solution anyways so if somebody has the problem in the future they know what to do
I found that taking all of my cc out of the mods folder and deleting the mods folder itself helps because then the game generates a new mods folder when you run your game. when the new mods folder is generated you can put your cc back in and it should work just fine.
Message 23 of 99 (27,830 Views)

Champion

I've always found that moving the entire Sims 4 works much better as there still could be lingering files from Mods that may cause the game to either become unplayable or can corrupt files. You simply move the entire Sims 4 folder to your Desktop and start the game up remembering that none of your saved games, Mods or CC will be present. Do not delete the Sims 4 folder on your Desktop as this is where your saved games are stored.

Once you have done this, start up the game to generate a new Sims 4 folder that resets the game back to "new". You can then test to see if the game will play as normal without the errors you were encountering. If the game plays fine, then it is probably one of the Mods or pieces of CC you downloaded that either needs to be updated or removed from your game.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 24 of 99 (27,824 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm sorry to bother you, but I did do this and it didn't work.

Message 25 of 99 (27,731 Views)

@HoneySoyRose  It's not a bother—we're here to help.  But perhaps it would be better if you could start your own thread describing exactly what's happening with your game (when it fails to load, any error messages you see), as well as the steps you've taken to try to fix it so far.  This way, it will be easier for people to help you without getting your posts confused with previous responses, and easier to avoid repeating advice that you've already tried.

Message 26 of 99 (27,730 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do you know which ones are corrupt? I have a lot of custom content!

Message 27 of 99 (27,708 Views)

@devannerica

You move all of your custom content out of the Mods folder then move it back in in small batches, checking to see if the game loads after each batch. When it stops loading you know that the last batch you added has corrupt content so move it out then back in piece by piece, loading the game after adding each piece to check if it is still working.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 28 of 99 (27,698 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I have the same problem. I went through all my cc and every single one of them comes up with corrupted. I have downloaded a cc cleaner, and I also repaired and reinstalled my game. Is there anything you can do?

Message 29 of 99 (27,647 Views)

@Eurisko_Kaeso  Your cc may be incompatible with your patch level, or you might have a corrupt file somewhere in your TS4 game folder.  To cover all of your bases, you can drag that game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game again, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Load a new save and play for a bit, just to make sure everything works, and then you can download a mod or cc file that is confirmed compatible with the latest patches.  Test it out in-game; if it shows up, you can start adding more cc into the new game folder.

It's a good idea to test the content out in batches; if one batch doesn't work, you'll need to split and test again until you find the problem file(s).  Keep in mind that you might need to replace most or all of your existing cc.  Even one bad file can block all of them from appearing in-game, or even prevent the game from loading at all.

If your game won't even load with a clean folder, please post your computer's specs here, as described in the post below.  Please also list the packs you have installed.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/475...

Message 30 of 99 (27,630 Views)