Re: Sims 4 Won't Open Due To Corrupted Files

by Floralxroses

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I'm sorry, I can't take a screenshot but I ended up uninstalling origin and then re-installed it. Very frustratingly it still says this message, "Unable to start Canot start because the below file appears to be corrupted. Please repair or reinstall the game via origin."  I've also tried right-clicking the sims cover, but there is no repair option. Please help, I have nothing to do in quarantine.

Message 71 of 99 (2,403 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Thank you!! I deleted the file and it worked!! <3 best of luck for the rest of you! 

Message 72 of 99 (2,289 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@fons_garmo omg i love you you absolute genius thank you omg everything other people said was exceedingly confusing you deserve everything good in life
Message 73 of 99 (2,218 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I uninstalled my game and reinstalled it still got the same error message. You shouldn't lose any files because they are under your login information. I'm still seeking an answer though.

Message 74 of 99 (2,094 Views)

★★ Novice
@fons_garmo I have repaired my game multiple times and i sat down for over an hour and deleted the files it told me were corrupted and its still showing me the files are corrupted. Are there any other ways?
Message 75 of 99 (2,026 Views)

★★ Novice
@sistalocgal i am also having the same problem could you tell me if you fixed your game and how?
Message 76 of 99 (2,025 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Dala-sims Hi, i tried your solution, but it's not working... i took all my cc and i putted them in another folder, after i deleted the mods folder and strated the game. When i put back all my cc in the new mods folder, the game didn't started!
Message 77 of 99 (1,900 Views)

@carolidunia

One or more items of your CC is incompatible with the game. Check with the creators for updates.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 78 of 99 (1,886 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, Sugar_Apple_Pie . 

You might not be reading this, due to it being 3 years later. But, have you fixed your problem? 

I've been having corrupted files from day 1.  Not many people I know are Via Organ Physics, So, I was wondering if you could help me.

Let me give you some special info, from what I have done. Alright, I read most comments on this particular problem, MANY. 

So, I've done the most easiest one.. Repairing the game. And I'm known as a lazy person and not very patient , so if there's a faster way please reply as soon as possible.

Thank you very Much.

Goodbye, Sugar_Apple_Pie .

Reply, Sugar_Apple_Pie .

Message 79 of 99 (1,839 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just started having this issue today. I did the repair via Origin and that helped :D Thank you FONS_GARMO

Message 80 of 99 (1,788 Views)