Re: Sims 4 Won't Open Due To Corrupted Files

by BabyKakee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Won't Open Due To Corrupted Files

★★ Novice

When I try to open Sims 4, I get this message:

Unable to start:

Cannot start because the below file appears to be corrupted. Please repair or reinstall the game via Origin.

/Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Data/Client/ClientDeltaBuild1.package

[bdbb60ea:29f00e76:00000000:00000000]

Is there any other way to fix this other than reinstalling the game as that takes a really long time and if I do reinstall the game will my data be deleted?

Message 1 of 99 (87,149 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hi @Sugar_Apple_Pie,

Go to Origin -> Right click on The Sims 4 cover -> Repair. This will repair The Sims 4 installation without having to reinstalling the whole game Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

View in thread

Message 3 of 99 (96,047 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Extra Information: 

I just updated but haven't played the game in a while.

I'm on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) with version 10.11.6.

Message 2 of 99 (86,929 Views)

Hi @Sugar_Apple_Pie,

Go to Origin -> Right click on The Sims 4 cover -> Repair. This will repair The Sims 4 installation without having to reinstalling the whole game Standard smile

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 3 of 99 (96,048 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am having this problem also. When I right click on the sims cover there is no repair option. I don't want to uninstall my game because I don't want to lose my saved game data. Any suggestions?
Message 4 of 99 (86,791 Views)

Hi @AdysonMcBride,

If you have this problem an the Repair option is not available, you'll need to fully reinstall the game. This issue can only be solved with the Repair option or reinstalling the game.

Message 5 of 99 (86,784 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Adyson,

I assume your right clicking from the "My Home" page

Try and right click on the "My Game Library" page and it should come up with repair from there.

Best Wishes

Party hat

Tori

Message 6 of 99 (85,555 Views)

★★★ Novice
So I’m having a similar problem. I have a corrupt file in which I am unable to open my sims game. I have tried deleting the file, repairing the game, and uninstalling and reinstalling the sims. Is there anything I can do???
Message 7 of 99 (85,263 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie

One of your mods are outdated or currupted. you have to go through each one carfully for the game to work

Message 8 of 99 (85,213 Views)

★★★ Novice
I already know which file is corrupted and deleted it. It still says I have the same problem though?
Message 9 of 99 (85,164 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happened to me yesterday , how did you get you sims 4 to work again

thnak you 

Message 10 of 99 (84,805 Views)