Sims 4 University expansion won't open.

by giovana_yanez

Original Post

Sims 4 University expansion won't open.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hello!

Recently I purchased the University expansion pack. I bought it, downloaded it, and waited for it to open. I rebooted my game 3 times because the University expansion didn't show up, and I researched in the forums. I have an iMac (mid-2010), with an intel core i3 (64 bit) which should be fine to play without Legacy. Please help.

Message 231 of 849 (974 Views)

Re: Sims 4 University expansion won't open.

★ Guide
@giovana_yanez Is your iMac definitely compatible? Does your computer support Metal?
Message 232 of 849 (916 Views)

gallery issues

★★★ Newbie

i just updated my sims 4 to the legacy edition on my mac and now i am having problems using the gallery, it shows up as my library and every time i try to access the others content section it says there is no content... has anyone else had this problem or how can i fix it??

Message 233 of 849 (1,063 Views)

Re: gallery issues

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@catcatsimmer04Legacy Edition does not support access to the gallery or any online features.

Message 234 of 849 (1,067 Views)

@giovana_yanez

2010 model iMacs do not support Metal so you will need to download and play the Legacy Edition - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/The-Sims-4-Legacy-Edition-thread/td-p/8420037

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 235 of 849 (867 Views)

Re: legacy edition

@junipersfalling

You need to update your Mac to High Sierra or later (El Capitan 10.11 and Sierra 10.12 are experiencing issues so better to skip them)

AHQSigImage.png
Message 236 of 849 (1,087 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Unfortunately, since your Mac is too old to support Metal, it won't support University (the only 64-bit version of The Sims 4 that now exists for Mac is the Metal version, and the 32-bit Legacy Edition doesn't support anything post-dating Island Vacation).

If you do not wish to return University, or you have had it too long to use the money-back feature, the only good news is that it will still be in your account, ready for the moment you do have a compatible computer.
Message 237 of 849 (876 Views)

@ieta_cassiopeia

Did you mean to tag the OP?

Legacy Edition for Mac is also 64-bit. Metal and 64-bit are completely separate entities, this may help you understand a little better - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_(API)

The Legacy Edition of the game supports all packs up to and including Realm of Magic (ROM and Moschino were released after Island Living).

AHQSigImage.png
Message 238 of 849 (853 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora Thanks!
Message 239 of 849 (812 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Message 240 of 849 (810 Views)