Re: Sims 4 Suddenly Crashing During Gameplay

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Sims 4 Suddenly Crashing During Gameplay

★★★★★ Novice

Hi All,

So I've been playing sims 4 on my Mac since I bought it in 2015. Specs are as follows:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Processor 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

Currently running the latest version of macOS (10.14.6) but this issue started before the update.

So today I bought and downloaded Romantic Garden Stuff, haven't had any issues until I bought and installed this pack. After install, I opened the game, made a family, and moved them into a house. I started editing the house in build mode and the game crashed. After that, I couldn't reopen the game. I googled it and saw a suggestion to turn off Origin in game. I did that, the game opened and I got to the same point and it crashed again.

Another google and I tried everything I could find. I deleted every origin folder and Origin. Reinstalled. Repaired the game. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Moved the Sims 4 folder out of the EA folder to start a clean game. The game opened again but then crashed at the exact same point! At this point I've spent three hours straight trying to work this out and am incredibly frustrated.

I don't use any CC or mods. I don't get what the issue is. Please help.

Message 1 of 2 (263 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Suddenly Crashing During Gameplay

@meghanjosephine

What exactly is it you're doing when this happens?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (223 Views)