Re: Sims 4 Stuff Packs Not Installing

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Stuff Packs Not Installing

★★ Novice

Yesterday I bought a couple stuff packs, which usually just downloads and updates the base game automatically, but this time it did not. When I open the game it says I have not purchased the packs. When I go to the store it still gives me the option to purchase the packs (unlike other packs I own, which say 'View in Library', this new one still comes up with the price to buy) - but when I click purchase it tells me I already own it, I just need to download the base game. But of course the base game is already downloaded!

So what is going on here? I assume there are not two versions of Sims 4? When I check my purchase history it shows these packs along with other ones I've bought in the past, and informs me that they've already been digitally sent to me/downloaded. Has anyone ever had this or a similar problem before?

(I don't know if it matters, but I am using a Mac)

Message 1 of 8 (800 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Atanax

Ok. Can you upgrade to a later version? Sierra/High Sierra preferably but El Capitan should do if your Mac won't upgrade further. This is an issue with Yosemite - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Empty-Game-Library-Server-Error/m-p/6938454#M13245

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (730 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Tagging @Bluebellflora since this is a Mac Issue.

@Atanax Your posting will be moved to the  Sims Mac forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (789 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't think this is a Mac issue. I am using a Mac, but the issue seems to be the fact that Origin isn't installing the content. It's an Origin issue.

Message 3 of 8 (779 Views)

@Atanax

It's probably a mixture of both Mac and Origin. Which version of macOS are you running? Can you please run the Origin reset tool and then see if you can successfully install the packs?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 8 (762 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay... I did as you suggested, followed all the steps... and now my game library is empty. So now the problem is worse.

Message 5 of 8 (750 Views)

@Atanax

Are you running Yosemite?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 8 (742 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, version 10.10.5

Message 7 of 8 (736 Views)

@Atanax

Ok. Can you upgrade to a later version? Sierra/High Sierra preferably but El Capitan should do if your Mac won't upgrade further. This is an issue with Yosemite - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Empty-Game-Library-Server-Error/m-p/6938454#M13245

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 8 (731 Views)