Sims 4 Seasons Bug: Thermometer Dissapeared

by XxLemonMadexX

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Seasons Bug: Thermometer Dissapeared

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello! I apologize in advance if this has already been posted, but I searched everywhere to no avail.

My game was running fine until yesterday night, when I had to double click on everything to get it to load. This along with the lack of music, led to me uninstalling and reinstalling my game. Fast forward to today, and my game boots normally and plays music, so I'm thrilled. I play for awhile, through summer, and a thunderstorm occurs. One of my sims decides umbrellas are necessary inside only, but I ignored her figuring it was just a nuisance. Then I became unable to switch sims or comand my sims to do anything. When I click somewhere, the options wheel still appears, but any action I choose leads to nothing. The sims are stuck and time stops. The thermometer next to the clock has also disappeared and I have been unable to get it back. The only way to get the game moving again is to hit pause, which jumps the sims into the next action, but as soon as they go to switch the same thing occurs.

I am lost on what to do from this point. I have removed all my mods, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and repaired the game through Origin multiple times. I run the game on a MacBook Pro on High Sierra and have Sims 4 Limited, Get to Work, and Seasons.

Thank you so much!

TL:DR: Sims 4 Seasons refuses to let sims move and deleted thermometer

Message 1 of 2 (626 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Seasons Bug: Thermometer Dissapeared

@XxLemonMadexX  I understand that you uninstalled and reinstalled the game's program files, but did you replace your TS4 game folder?  If not, try pulling the entire thing (not just your mods folder or other pieces) out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game again, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Test out a new save, just to see if everything is working, and if so, you can copy your existing saves into the new folder from the old one.

If this doesn't help, especially if a new game in a clean folder still has the same problems, please post your mac's specs, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/475...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (617 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 4 Seasons Bug: Thermometer Dissapeared

@XxLemonMadexX  I understand that you uninstalled and reinstalled the game's program files, but did you replace your TS4 game folder?  If not, try pulling the entire thing (not just your mods folder or other pieces) out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game again, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Test out a new save, just to see if everything is working, and if so, you can copy your existing saves into the new folder from the old one.

If this doesn't help, especially if a new game in a clean folder still has the same problems, please post your mac's specs, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/475...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (618 Views)