Sims 4 Save File Glitched?

by hgivv

Original Post

Sims 4 Save File Glitched?

★ Novice

Hi all!

Normally I lurk the forums and am able to solve any weird things that happen to my game, but this one is a first for me. I wanted to make a post before I started messing with my game to see if anyone has experienced anything similar or if there's any hope my save file could be fixed. 

I updated my game tonight, opened up the game, and went to load my save file. Opened it up, and huh, that's weird - a ton of my progress was gone. I had moved my sim off to her own home, she had started a family, had twins that aged up all the way to children - and all of it was gone! She was back at college, living with her sister again, like none of that had happened. I checked the saves that I could possibly recover and they all looked to be even older. I thought, oh well, probably too much of a hassle to deal with fixing - it's been a couple months since I last played, so I guess I just forgot to save, or accidentally deleted the save file I was playing on.

I decided I would cheat everything back to the way it was, move my sim onto the lot I had been playing on, create her wife and kids from CAS and (although I was a bit sad) I would just move on. That's when I noticed things were much weirder than I thought they were. My sim's lot was...up to date? For context, when I moved my sim out of her college house, I moved her to a cheap Henford-On-Bagley lot. Once she got married, saved up money, and had her twins, I replaced the starter home with a nicer one from the gallery, and refurnished the inside. When the babies grew into kids, I renovated their room again. This is when I stopped playing a couple months ago. Today, when I thought all of that was gone, and I was moving the young version of my sim back onto her crappy starter lot, I was shocked to find that the lot was exactly how I left it, even with the kids room updated for the twins aging up into children. I hadn't saved the lot to the gallery, as it was someone elses that I just refurnished. I think the only way for it to be there would be if it were from my updated save. So clearly I didn't delete the save file as the lot is from when I last left off, but why is my sim so much younger, and where did her family go? 

After that I closed the game without saving, and tried repairing it through Origin (that did not fix it). 

This is just very bizarre and I was wondering if any of you guys have ever experienced anything like it, or have any advice. Even a simple confirmation of "Yeah - that save is ruined" would be helpful haha, just want to see if there's any hope for it before I go any further. And my apologies if there's already a thread out there about this issue - I was having a hard time wording my glitch and finding any information on something similar to it. 

I'm playing on a 2020 MacBook Pro, with the M1 chip. My game is updated to the lastest version, I have 17 packs/kits/extra content (will list them out if this is associated with one in particular?) and I don't play with mods. 

Thanks for reading, and for any help/advice/support!

Message 1 of 4 (1,110 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Save File Glitched?

@hgivv

Check your iCloud and storage options https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Saves-CC-Mods-or-Library-items-disappeared...

Sounds like you may have opened and saved multiple different saves which is causing the confusion with the lots.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (1,058 Views)

★ Novice

Hi! I have over 60 GB free, and I do not use iCloud. 

That sounds like it could be it, any ideas how to fix it?

Message 3 of 4 (935 Views)

@hgivv

There's no way to merge save content but maybe you could save Lots and Households from the multiple saves to your Library and then add them all to a save you want to keep playing? Library items are stored in the Tray folder, they aren't affected by saves.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (907 Views)