Sims 4 Quitting Unexpectedly

by mfnstargrl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Quitting Unexpectedly

★★ Novice

I'm trying to get my Sims 4 game to work. Every time I try to open my game it crashes. I took out my mods folder and tried to open it and I repaired my game with Origin and it's still not working. I've also restarted my computer and it just won't work. 

Message 1 of 6 (1,232 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Quitting Unexpectedly

@mfnstargrl 

Follow these steps to launch a new clean game and try to narrow down the issue - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,188 Views)

All Replies

@mfnstargrl 

Follow these steps to launch a new clean game and try to narrow down the issue - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,189 Views)

★ Novice

I am also having this same issue (pretty much same info in the problem report) but none of the things listed in the Mac troubleshooting list is helping. I've even tried to uninstall both TS4 & Origin to completely start fresh with nothing in it (I moved all mods & CC) & I'm still receiving the same problem report

Message 3 of 6 (835 Views)

@ChanMill

Move the whole Sims 4 folder, not just the Mods folder.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 6 (825 Views)

★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I did that as well. I pulled the mods folder out to regenerate a fresh one first & later pulled the whole sims 4 folder out. I still got the same issue..

I made a second profile on my computer & put ts4 on there. it loaded up fine & was even able to load in all mods, CC & my saves. with everything pulled off of my original computer profile, the game quit unexpectedly with literally nothing (i straight up just deleted EVERYTHING just to make it a completely fresh start)
Message 5 of 6 (807 Views)

@ChanMill

It's working in the new Mac user account but not your usual one? Maybe something is running in the background that could be causing the issue, some conflicting process maybe.

Do you have a lastCrash report in the Sims 4 folder from when it last crashed? Could you attach it or copy/paste the contents here.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 6 (803 Views)