Sims 4: No sound issue persists on Macbook Pro... PLEASE HELP!!!

by Sarah_eLH1997

Original Post

Sims 4: No sound issue persists on Macbook Pro... PLEASE HELP!!!

★★★★★ Newbie

hi,

I have been using a Macbook Pro to play Sims 4 for the past few years and have never had many issues relating to gameplay, however, since updating my game (via Origin) to the latest expansion, my sound has not worked since. I've scrolled through various different forums for a solution and nothing seems to work! I cannot find a direct response for a Mac but have been using previous solutions for PC. It says that audio is enabled in-game, however, i still cannot hear anything.

i have tried all options, apart from the last one as i cannot find out how to check playback devices info etc on a mac

CAN ANYONE HELP ME????. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!!!! 

Message 1 of 6 (7,291 Views)

Re: Sims 4: No sound issue persists on Macbook Pro... PLEASE HELP!!!

@Sarah_eLH1997  Your config and options files are supposed to regenerate each time you launch the game.  Your options file contains your graphics and play options, which is why deleting it can help; your config file is merely a report on your hardware and game options, so deleting it won't change anything.  But you could try playing in a completely clean folder.  Drag your existing TS4 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop and launch the game, and a clean folder will spawn with no content.  If the sound is back when you play, you can move your saves and other content into the new folder from the old one.

To check your sound options in mac OS, click on System Preferences in your dock.  (It's a gray gear icon that, for me, is all the way on the right of the dock.)  On my computer, Sound is in the second row of icons, second from the right.  You can make sure that your sound effects are on and maybe toggle the options to see whether this helps.  You might also try plugging in headphones or external speakers, if you haven't already.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (7,271 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wait I just did this and now it erased my game!!! How do I get it back after dragging it onto my desk top help!!!!

Message 3 of 6 (6,796 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Mandarelli There are a couple of different Sims 4 folders on your computer. One is the actual game (found Applications > Sims 4) and the file to which @puzzlezaddict was referring to is found in Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4. The Sims 4 folder found in Documents stores your Mods/CC and saved games files. 

If you are worried about your saved games (and that is what you meant by "erased your game"), your saved games are safe on your Desktop. Never delete this file on your Desktop until you have insured your game is working properly again! 

Do as @puzzlezaddict has asked and start up your game, remembering that none of your Mods, CC or saved games will be present. Make sure that you do not have your computer on mute, have the sound turned up and see if once you start the game up, the sound is there.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 6 (6,786 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You need to go into sound options on your mac and tell it to play sound effects through internal speakers. Simple fix no deleting required

Message 5 of 6 (6,288 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked perfectly for me. 

Message 6 of 6 (4,322 Views)