Sims 4 Mouse Control Problem ( Mac )

by Hursho

Original Post

Sims 4 Mouse Control Problem ( Mac )

★ Novice
I’ve recently switched from using PC to Mac and i’m having a hard time with the camera controls for the sims 4. On my pc i could click the middle mouse button and rotate the camera and i could also use the left mouse button to move around. I’ve been unable to do so on my mac however. I know there are keys on the keyboard i can use to do these things but it’s incredibly tedious. I would really appreciate if somebody could tell me if there anyway to move around in game with my mouse?
Message 1 of 7 (11,146 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Mouse Control Problem ( Mac )

@Hursho

Without knowing what device you're using it's hard to give advice. External Trackpad? Magic Trackpad? Integrated Trackpad/Magic Trackpad? Magic Mouse? Mighty Mouse? 3rd party mouse?

Holding down CMD and using the arrow keys is a really easy way to tilt the camera.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 7 (11,042 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem and its making me not even want to play.

Message 3 of 7 (9,970 Views)

@MCkrod2008

This is an old thread and the game has had significant updates in over a year, as has whichever version of macOS you are running. Without you providing any specific details of the problem you are encountering, nor any details about which Mac you are using, it is difficult to help. Please read this post and provide all the details asked for here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/461...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 7 (9,953 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Go into your mouse settings and turn on the right click function. 

Message 5 of 7 (8,589 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem. do I do mouse settings on my Mac settings or sims 4 settings I have tried looking in the sims 4 settings and nothing helped.

Message 6 of 7 (5,078 Views)

@majafreimolsen

In System Preferences > Mouse

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 7 (5,051 Views)