Sims 4 Mod Not Working on Mac

by maggiemae109

Original Post

Sims 4 Mod Not Working on Mac

★ Novice

Hi,

I've played the sims 4 on my mac for years, but this is my first time ever trying to download a mod. Any input from those who've used mods on macs would be greatly appreciated. 

I downloaded the slice of life mod and winrar for my mac. I placed both of these downloads in the mods folder located inside of my sims 4 legacy folder. Mods are already enabled in my game. Still, when I launch the sims no mods or custom content appear. Some forums I've visited recommend unzipping the files in the folder. The files didn't appear to be zipped, and going through and opening them didn't fix the issue. I downloaded the latest version of the slice of life mod, which was released about a month ago. My game is completely up to date. 

I've since deleted winrar and all the slice of life files, but of course I plan on eventually re-downloading them. 

Is there anything else I can do to solve this issue? 

Message 1 of 2 (912 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Mod Not Working on Mac

@maggiemae109

Is the Slice of Life mod compatible with the Legacy Edition of the game? Your game is not updated like the current version, even though it appears to update when a patch is released.

Winrar is not a Mod but a tool to extract compressed files. It shouldn't be anywhere near your Sims 4 folders.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (863 Views)