Re: Sims 4 MacBook Pro Big Sur Beachball

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 MacBook Pro Big Sur Beachball

★★ Novice

Last week I purchased the Dream Home Decorator game pack and the Courtyard Oasis kit via Origin. Upon trying to play with the DHD game pack, the career was not playable (i.e. it was just showing vacation days and saying my sim had no work and I could not open up the "gig" menu). I found out that this had to do with a UI mod I had installed. I followed the directions to update that mod, where my game began to work fine, however the MacBook spinning beachball of doom began spinning on my game. I left it for a few minutes, thinking that it just needed some time to adjust, but when I came back to the game 15 minutes later, the beachball was still there. I had to force quit the game, as I couldn't click on anything. Now, days later, whenever I open the game, I get about 10 minutes or less before the beachball pops up. I uninstalled the UI Mod and a few others I didn't want or need anymore from my game thinking that would help, but the beachball still returns spinning for an eternity before I have to force quit the game. I feel like I wasted $25 at this point. I tried  repairing my game and it's also up-to-date with the latest version. 

I also tried to follow steps to clear my cache and found that in my Sims 4 the file that says gameversion.txt there nothing there. There's also some things missing from my EA Sims 4 folder that I didn't delete (at least not to my knowledge) willingly. I'm now wondering if I should delete and reinstall the game or if this is an issue others are having with the pack or kit. 

Pls help!! I really want to enjoy the new game pack!

Message 1 of 4 (563 Views)

Accepted Solution

@ajajabbigail

Follow these steps to create a new Sims 4 folder and test your user data https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (534 Views)

All Replies

@ajajabbigail

Follow these steps to create a new Sims 4 folder and test your user data https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 4 (535 Views)

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora THANK YOU! I followed the steps and found that it was a mod making my game freeze.
Message 3 of 4 (509 Views)

@ajajabbigail

Great - enjoy!

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 4 (491 Views)