Re: Sims 4 MacBook Pro 3.1GHz

by Scrapposaurus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 MacBook Pro 3.1GHz

★★★★ Novice
I posted about this yesterday, and now I've gotten the answers I need, I just wonder:
Will The Sims 4 work better on a MacBook Pro 13 inch 3.1 GHz, than a MacBook Pro 13 inch 2.3 GHz? Will the fan still go crazy? Is the graphics better? Standard smile
Message 1 of 5 (4,439 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Scrapposaurus,

An Intel Core i5 can handle the game perfectly, but of course an i7 is more powerful and it will run the game (and other programs) better, but you'll have to pay more for that processor.

About the Intel Iris 640 yes, this info is VERY IMPORTANT. This is the graphic chip that will render The Sims 4 graphics. Intel Iris 640 is a basic graphic chip. It will run The Sims 4, but if you can you should buy a MacBook Pro with a discrete AMD graphic card. The AMD graphics will provide you much better performance than a Intel Iris 640.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (5,820 Views)

All Replies

Hi @Scrapposaurus,

More GHz means the processor is faster, but game performance depends on other parts of the Mac. May you provide more info about both MacBooks?

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 2 of 5 (4,427 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@fons_garmo

The one I was looking at first is the MacBook Pro retina 13 inch 128GB and 2.3 GHZ.

This one has 3.6 GHz Turbo Boost.

The other one is also the MacBook Pro retina 13 inch, but with 256 GB and 3.1 GHz.
This one has 3.5 Turbo Boost.

Both have dual-core Intel Core i5 processors.

Both also have Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640, that I presume is standard for these MacBooks (?) I don't know if this matters for the game.

Both have 8GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 memory (I'm not quite sure what this is or why it matters, although The Sims 4 runs on 2-4 GB RAM)

From what I can see, it's only the GHz in the processors that's different. Which means the game will (probably?) run smoother?

Also, to bombard you with questions: Do you think an i7 processor will handle the game better? Or can I use i5 without issues? Standard smile

Thank you for answering so quickly!
Message 3 of 5 (4,423 Views)

@Scrapposaurus,

An Intel Core i5 can handle the game perfectly, but of course an i7 is more powerful and it will run the game (and other programs) better, but you'll have to pay more for that processor.

About the Intel Iris 640 yes, this info is VERY IMPORTANT. This is the graphic chip that will render The Sims 4 graphics. Intel Iris 640 is a basic graphic chip. It will run The Sims 4, but if you can you should buy a MacBook Pro with a discrete AMD graphic card. The AMD graphics will provide you much better performance than a Intel Iris 640.

Message 4 of 5 (5,821 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@fons_garmo Thank you! :D
Message 5 of 5 (4,383 Views)