Re: Sims 4 Mac reset itself!

by lolobine18

Original Post

Sims 4 Mac reset itself!

★★★★ Novice

I downloaded sims 4 on Mac about a month ago, had no problem downloading it or playing it. I made quite a couple households, and since I was alredy familiar with CC for The Sims 3, I thought I'dd give it a try with The Sims 4. I got a couple of things (hairstyles, clothes, houses, makeup, ect) and they seemed to be working fine. I got some more CC from The Sims Resource, added it to my mods folder and then opened my game. But then I realised the "add a household" button was gone, I pressed play and I was in Create a Sim with the tutorial, just like when I opened the game for the first time. There was also nothing in my library.  All the CC was gone from my game, plus all my saved data was gone, also checked in the saves folder (Documents - Electronic Arts - Sims 4 - Saves) and it was basicly blank. I did not reset it manually. I have no idea how this happened, please help! 

Message 1 of 9 (2,178 Views)

Hero

Search your computer for TRAY and see if there's another user folder somewhere that got moved by accident

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (2,159 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I found 2 TRAY folders, but I'm not so sure what to do now...

Message 3 of 9 (2,155 Views)

Hero

Find the path to both of them and check if there's a mods folder in the same path and if that has the files you've downloaded.

If one of them does and is not in documents\electronicarts\thesims4, try moving your files there and then they should show up ingame again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (2,148 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Ok so I tried that and nothing happened (everything was still gone) so I got over myself and restarted from the begining. I also downloaded some new CC, but now I have an other issue. As of right now, I am not playing the game but I do not know why,my icon in my dashboard still has the dot under it indicating that the app is opened. I cannot open my game, I cannot close the game, I can't even force quit it! I tried to delete it (still had the same problems after deleting it)and install it again with origin, it deleted just fine and downloaded fine, it was stuck at installing but I quit and went back to origin and it was gone. I also tried to play it from origin itself, with no result. 

Message 5 of 9 (2,134 Views)

Champion

Ok, try reinstalling Origin. It's pretty easy.

- Make sure you are in Finder then click Go in the menu bar. Hold down Alt and the hidden Library folder will show up. Click on the Library folder.

- You now need to check in the following folders for any Origin files and folders:

Application Support (Origin)

Caches (Origin, com.ea.Origin)

Preferences (com.ea.Origin.plist)

Saved Application state (com.ea.Origin.savedState)

Open a Finder window and click on your Macintosh HD in the left hand section under Devices (if it's not there click on Finder in the menu bar then Preferences. Select the Sidebar tab and make sure Hard Disks is ticked under Devices), open Library, then delete the Origin folder.

After you've trashed them, empty the trash then restart your Mac. Then redownload and reinstall Origin.

Also try repairing your permissions. You can find this:

Open Disk Utility and Repair Permissions - Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 9 (2,129 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the tip, but I tried this and I cannot reset my mac for I am not capable of quitting The Sims 4. My mac simply says that I cannot restart because the sims 4 is still running (It is, but there is no Sims 4 window and I can't open one.)

Message 7 of 9 (2,121 Views)

★★ Novice

Hold down your power button until your computer shuts off, and then hold it till it turns back on. This will completely override the system and shut your computer off, even if the sims 4 won't let you restart.

Message 8 of 9 (2,082 Views)

★★ Novice

Did uninstalling Origin and then reinstalling it work?????

Message 9 of 9 (1,734 Views)