Sims 4 Mac keeps crashing on initial loading screen with update for how to fix

by DaisyDykes

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Mac keeps crashing on initial loading screen with update for how to f

★★★ Newbie
as in when i press play all that happens is the icon pops up in my dock but it never actually opens and when i right click it it says application not responding
Message 31 of 50 (2,389 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Mac keeps crashing on initial loading screen with update for how to f

@jadevent18

Have you repaired the game in Origin?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 32 of 50 (2,363 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@DaisyDykes Hmmm... how did yours have to stay on low? I have the same graphics card and mine is kinda laggy, i have a shizzle ton of CC, one EP, and mine works fine on low medium settings. When I first started playing without CC or EP's My game worked just smoothly on Ultra settings??

Message 33 of 50 (2,246 Views)

[ Edited ]

@narwhalmagic

Is the CC you use high poly? You haven't stated which graphics card you have (not sure who you're replying to?) which makes a huge difference to performance when you have a ton of CC installed. High poly CC will slow it down even more.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 34 of 50 (2,239 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@BluebellfloraSorry, I don't know what you mean by "high poly CC". Most of the CC I have is for CAS and the furniture CC I have are all beds, chairs, and clutter. I have an Intel HD Graphics 4000. Most of my CC is Maxis Match...

Message 35 of 50 (2,233 Views)

@narwhalmagic

High poly CC is CC which is very detailed, it has a high number of polygons. For example an EA table may be only 200-300 polys whereas a CC table may be well over 2,000 - 8,000. You need a good dedicated graphics card in a computer to handle high poly CC. Your graphics chip is fairly old which is why your game lags. Could you provide a few links to the CC you use so I can check it out?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 36 of 50 (2,212 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@BluebellfloraHi, here are some CC links.

CAS:https://kismetsims.blogspot.ca/2017/09/last-night-i-made-this-hair-on-stream.html
https://blushchat.tumblr.com/post/168996543734/lazy-day-shorts-shorts-for-the-perfect-netflix

Build/Buy Mode:http://mxims.tumblr.com/tagged/mycc
The creator of the Buy mode furniture didn’t have a separate link to their CC, but i get most of my furniture CC from them.

I was a bit confused with what you meant, so just in case I included some CAS CC.

Message 37 of 50 (2,204 Views)

@narwhalmagic

MXIMS CC items are lovely but some are high, not all though. You need to just cut down on the CC if you don't want lag. The Intel HD 4000 has never played the game really well unfortunately.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 38 of 50 (2,193 Views)

★★★ Newbie
same
Message 39 of 50 (2,051 Views)

Champion

Have you tried to move your entire Sims 4 folder to your Desktop and then starting the game? Sometimes outdated Mods/CC can cause the game to not start properly. Once you move the Sims 4 folder to your Desktop, DO NOT DELETE IT! This is where your saved games are stored. 

Once you move the folder and then try to start the game, remembering that none of your saves or CC will be present. If you can play, create a new sim and play for about an hour to insure that nothing else happens while playing. 

Please note that when either new content is released or a patch comes out, you will need to check your Mod/CC sites to see if they have updated to be compatible with the latest patch/content. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 40 of 50 (2,037 Views)