Re: Sims 4 Mac - Major Memory Problems

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Sims 4 Mac - Major Memory Problems

★★★ Newbie

Hi all, I've been having some issues with saving games. Initially I thought it was a single corrupted game file but it is happening with all my saved games now and I have no idea what's wrong. Please help!

After saving and quitting, the game has some weird sort of amnesia upon reloading. The save file is time-stamped with the correct time and date but the Sim hours I have played have disappeared, like the game hasn't saved. Except that some moodlets, career progression and changes to household are changed.

Sorry if that isn't clear (it's a very confusing problem!), but I'll give an example. I first saved my current game after my Sim found out she was pregnant on Wednesday. After reloading that save, the clock had reset to Tuesday and she was no longer preggers. So I replayed, got her pregnant again and played through until she gave birth on Saturday, then saved. After reloading that save,  it was Tuesday again but her baby was there.

I have no idea why, but my Sims are stuck in some sort of Groundhog day and I can't get them out! I've tried starting a new game and it works for a while before getting stuck. I've tried repairing the game through Origin and that worked for the first save but not for any saves after that. I've tried 'save as' to save the game to a different slot, I've tried recovering an earlier save but it doesn't help.

Has anyone else had this issue and/or know what the hell is happening to my game? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Message 1 of 4 (227 Views)

@Larlotte

Crazy! Do you have iCloud Drive enabled and it's sporadically loading saves because it may not be syncing properly?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (204 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Bluebellflora thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, iCloud Drive isn't enabled, so that's not the issue Frown

Message 3 of 4 (185 Views)

@Larlotte

Hmm, very strange. Have you checked out the bugs forum to see if it's a reported issue - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

If you can't find one it may be worth creating a bug report for it. I found this but it doesn't seem like your issue - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Time-jumps-backwards/td-p/5834938

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (159 Views)