Re: Sims 4 Mac 64 Bit Update - Can't Install Sims3Packs

by LillyDoe

Original Post

@popcorn452  You don't run resource.cfg, you just download it and move it to the Mods folder (not inside Packages, just in Mods).  Please make sure to capitalize the M in Mods and the P in Packages as well.

It sounds like your browser is trying to open the files rather than save them.  When you click Download, you should be prompted to choose whether to Open or Save the file.  Choose Save, and it should just be sitting in your Downloads folder.  This goes for resource.cfg and for .Sims3Packs.

If you download a .zip file, double-click it to extract it into its usable form.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 41 of 72 (642 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

IT worked i spelled installer data wrong LOL thanks for the help omg kinda embarassing

Message 42 of 72 (603 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Hi, I didn't have the "Installer Data" folder in my Origin folder, so I added one. It still isn't fixing the errors, and I am downloading my sims3pack files from thesims3 store.
Message 43 of 72 (638 Views)

★ Guide
@bonnietchi Yeah, I have the same problem.
Message 44 of 72 (634 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
You know it worked if you see two bin files suddenly appear in your installer data folder i would suggest deleting that folder making a new one and copying and paste the word from here the spacing could be off or u could be making a silly spelling mistake like in my case but it should work after u do that
Message 45 of 72 (623 Views)

@bonnietchi and @tokyoes  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click (or crtl-click) on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, please move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Open the launcher to spawn a clean folder.

If that doesn't help either, try running the Origin reset tool for macOS:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If you still get the error, double-check that you still have an Installer Data folder—I don't remember whether the reset deletes the folder or just empties it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 46 of 72 (596 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Is anyone having trouble using the NrAAS integrator & Nraas master controller mods?? 

Message 47 of 72 (585 Views)

★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict Okay, I identified the problem and now it works. Thank you guys very much.
Message 48 of 72 (584 Views)

★★ Guide

Can confirm, didn't have critical error but had {0} error, fixed by repairing the game (I did have the installer folder).

Thanks you bunch of Saints 💕

Message 49 of 72 (538 Views)

★★★ Guide
@mangogirl10 I had problems with Master Controller. I haven’t tested it thoroughly yet but I removed all my NRAAS mods and am adding them a few at a time to see where the culprit is. So far it looks like Master Controller and Error Trap cause my game to crash. I am done for the day though and will test further tomorrow.
Message 50 of 72 (534 Views)