Re: Sims 4 Mac 64 Bit Update - Can't Install Sims3Packs

by JustCallMeNerdy

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice
@mangogirl10 i literally cannot for the life of me get any of my CC to install. none of my expansion packs are showing up in the launcher, and i can't find any of the plumbbob files for the expansion packs :/
Message 31 of 72 (828 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@terrasoleil FOLLOW @JustCallMeNerdy  instructions on page 2!!! she saved my whole * life tgod

Message 32 of 72 (820 Views)

★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

@JustCallMeNerdy  I successfully installed both items you linked me in the PM, so the items themselves aren't the issue.  When you download the items, do you choose to "Open" or "Save"?  I chose to save, manually moved the downloads to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads, and opened the launcher to install them.  If you haven't tried this, please do now.  And if clicking Install doesn't work, close the launcher and open it again.

If that's not the issue, pease open a Finder window, hold down the optn(alt) key, click Go at the top of your screen, then select Library.  From there, open Application Support > Origin, and see whether you have a folder inside labeled Installer Data.  If you do, please open it, take a screenshot of its contents, and attach it to a post.

If you don't have the folder, create one; be sure to get the name and case exactly right.  If you have one, trash it and make a new one.  Then try to install a new download of one item, and let me know whether it works.  It may help to install a Store item first, although I'm not sure.

@LillyDoe  Please try the same steps I've listed above.

@Serenoz99  Please try closing the launcher and opening it again, and if that doesn't help, quitting Origin, opening it, and opening the launcher from there again.

I’ve been away from my computer for the last few hours, attempting this fix shortly

Message 33 of 72 (749 Views)

@JustCallMeNerdy  Please try repairing before anything else: a few people mentioned it fixed the issue for them.  Open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.

And if you've already done this and I've somehow forgotten, I apologize.  It's been a long two days.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 34 of 72 (746 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict  maybe the repair  Secret works for people who already had the installer data in their orgin folder

Message 35 of 72 (743 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@puzzlezaddictI did not have a folder so I'm wondering if that's why the repair didn't work? I've repaired it almost every single time that I've opened my game haha, waiting for it to boot up now. I just chose one of the worlds and there's already a file in the folder I created

Message 36 of 72 (742 Views)

★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict SUCCESS!! I'm going to mark that longer post as the solution, I wonder how long I haven't had that folder lol. Like I said, I remember there was a point where I stopped using sims3pack CC because I couldn't get it to install, so its been a long time, oops!
Message 37 of 72 (736 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@JustCallMeNerdy How didnt have the folder either
Message 38 of 72 (727 Views)

@JustCallMeNerdy  Thanks for letting me know; it's great to have something to offer people.

@younglor  I'm not sure what's going on behind the scenes, but I guess both approaches are worth trying.  At any rate, two potential solutions are so much better than none.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 39 of 72 (722 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Okay so I am trying to get mods into my game and so I create my mods folder with the packages and overrides folder but the issue is the resource.cfg file. It is saying that there isn't an application that runs it basically and same with .sims3packs. I try and click choose application and sims 3 but the sims 3 plumbob icon is greyed out.
Message 40 of 72 (705 Views)