Re: S

by minicha-em

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Legacy uninstall issue

★★ Novice

Hi,

I was playing the sims 4 legacy edition on my Mac as I had old software, however I recently updated my software and both my software and the Mac I own should support the base game without legacy. I also purchased both eco lifestyle and discover university packs so need just the base game in order to play them. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my entire game twice, making sure to uncheck legacy and stop it from downloading. When I search legacy on origin it says it isn’t downloaded. However when I open my game I believe it is still running legacy as my new expansion packs aren’t showing. I have tried changing the “The Sims 4 Legacy” folder name in the “Electronic Arts” folder to just “The Sims 4” however when I launch the game a new folder called “The Sims 4 Legacy” is created and used instead. I really want to play just the base game but cannot seem to uninstall Legacy and stop it from running even though it says it hasn’t been downloaded.

Message 2 of 5 (349 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Legacy uninstall issue

★★ Novice

Thankyou so much for your response! Turns out I had an issue with my software not being current enough. This is now resolved Standard smile

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (301 Views)

All Replies

S

★★ Novice

Hi,

I was playing the sims 4 legacy edition on my Mac as I had old software, however I recently updated my software and both my software and the Mac I own should support the base game without legacy. I also purchased both eco lifestyle and discover university packs so need just the base game in order to play them. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my entire game twice, making sure to uncheck legacy and stop it from downloading. When I search legacy on origin it says it isn’t downloaded. However when I open my game I believe it is still running legacy as my new expansion packs aren’t showing. I have tried changing the “The Sims 4 Legacy” folder name in the “Electronic Arts” folder to just “The Sims 4” however when I launch the game a new folder called “The Sims 4 Legacy” is created and used instead. I really want to play just the base game but cannot seem to uninstall Legacy and stop it from running even though it says it hasn’t been downloaded.

Message 1 of 5 (332 Views)

@irisofelia 

Let's double check your Mac and OS. Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 5 (323 Views)

★★ Novice

Thankyou so much for your response! Turns out I had an issue with my software not being current enough. This is now resolved Standard smile

Message 4 of 5 (302 Views)

Re: S

Moved from SFP to TS4 mac

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 5 of 5 (300 Views)