Re: Sims 4 Legacy edition still not working

by CapitanRoyon

Original Post

Sims 4 Legacy edition still not working

★★★ Newbie

Sims 4 Legacy still not working

I recently got a Sims 4 account passed down to me by a friend, and I use a macbook air on Yosemite from 2015. When trying to open origin, the application worked fine and I had no trouble, but upon trying to open Sims 4, the computer displayed an error and said I needed to download the legacy edition. It was already downloaded, and upon trying to re-launch the app, I was faced with the same issue again. I opened the launch options to make sure I was using the legacy edition, but there was nothing to prove I was. Has anybody had the same issue?

Message 1 of 3 (718 Views)

★★★ Expert

If you  open The Sims 4 game details , then select the Extra content tab and scroll down, does Legacy Edition show as installed ?

Message 2 of 3 (706 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Pia2o 

The current version of the game requires El Capitan 10.11 or later. However, El Capitan and Sierra are currently causing issues for some users so it would be better to upgrade to High Sierra 10.13.6. You can upgrade through the Mac App Store.

Let's quickly check your Mac specs too. Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (658 Views)