Sims 4 Legacy - Launching issues

by mkb2001

Original Post

Sims 4 Legacy - Launching issues

★★ Novice

I downloaded Sims 4 legacy because I had to, but when I tried to launch i got an error saying "unable to start, game files are damaged or missing, please repair or reinstall." I tried repairing the game twice, didn't work. Then I tried uninstalling, but origin glitched or something and when I clicked "confirm uninstall" nothing happened. Please help Im not sure what to do. As Ive spent a lot of money on sims, not getting to have the new expansion unless I buy a new computer is bad enough, now the only way I can play won't work? Im a bit upset. 

Message 1 of 9 (819 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Legacy - Launching issues

@mkb2001  Does your computer run Windows or macOS?  (I can move this thread to the relevant Sims section as well.)  If Windows, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

If you have a Mac, please post its specs, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 9 (785 Views)

★★ Novice

it runs MacOS.

Here are the specs:

Macbook Air (13 inch, Mid 2011)

Processor 1.7 GHz intel Core i5

Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

Note: I've played sims on this computer for a long time -  with no problem.

Message 3 of 9 (721 Views)

@mkb2001  Thanks for the info; I've moved your thread to the Mac section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 9 (687 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@mkb2001 Does your Mac run on High Sierra (or an older system)?
Message 5 of 9 (675 Views)

★★ Guide
@mkb2001 Before you do anything else, please make sure you have a copy/backup of your Electronic Arts folder in your Documents directory (you can do this easily just by copying, then pasting, the Electronic Arts folder to end up with "Electronic Arts copy").

After that - have you tried deleting the The Sims 4 application from your Applications folder and then relaunching Origin? This should force the Origin client to reinstall The Sims 4 from scratch.
Message 6 of 9 (646 Views)

★★ Novice

It’s a mid-2011 MacOS Sierra (I’m guessing older?)

Message 7 of 9 (633 Views)

★★ Guide
@mkb2001 And did you try deleting the "The Sims 4" application from your Applications folder, then letting Origin reinstall it from scratch?
Message 8 of 9 (630 Views)

★★ Novice

I didn’t think about doing that because the sims 4 icon was hidden for some reason. But I did that and it so far it’s reinstalling itself, thank you! Turns out the simplest answer was all I needed haha. 

Message 9 of 9 (612 Views)