Sims 4 Lagging since Update

by kjjk135

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Lagging since Update

★★★★ Novice

I have a 2019 Macbook pro and up until earlier this week my game ran incredibly well. I've had this laptop for exactly a year now, and I've never had any issues. I started up the game for the first time in a month or so, coincidentally after the last patch, and I can play for about 5-10 minutes before the game starts to freeze, it lags, and the mouse turns into the spinning color wheel. The background music freezes up too, but only sometimes. 

I have repaired my game in orgin, and reinstalled origin too, but nothing seems to help. Any recommendations? 

Specs: 

macOS Catalina

Version: 10.15.6

Processor: 2.4 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 

Memory: 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB

Message 1 of 4 (392 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Lagging since Update

@kjjk135

Move the Sims 4 folder to the desktop and launch a brand new game, does it still happen?

@Claudix49

Please try the suggestion above. Can you also provide the full specs of your Mac as the OP has?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (360 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

It is the same for me, it worked well since I downloaded the last StarWars extension. Then it started to freeze, I was unable to save, to access game control or anything and I had to force to quit. I used the "disable packs" command to remove the StarWars extension but the problem remains, the game freezes after 5-10 minutes of playing.

What can we do?

Thanks!

Message 2 of 4 (366 Views)

@kjjk135

Move the Sims 4 folder to the desktop and launch a brand new game, does it still happen?

@Claudix49

Please try the suggestion above. Can you also provide the full specs of your Mac as the OP has?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 4 (361 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, that worked! Thank you! 

Message 4 of 4 (345 Views)