Re: Sims 4 Keeps Crashing

by Tremayne4260

Original Post

Sims 4 Keeps Crashing

★★★ Novice

About two hours ago, I was playing my game perfectly fine, and everything was working as it should be. Saved the game once while I was playing, and it was fine. Then, I went to save my game a second time, and the game crashed. Since I was in the process of aging my sim up at the time, I figured it just glitched the game out. Opened the game again, tried to save immediately, and it crashed again.

Game crashes when:

-I save

-Go to manage worlds

-Try to edit household 

So from what I can tell, it's only this specific game file that is crashing. I've tested on two other game files, and I've been able to save on both. I don't believe it's because of custom content otherwise I assume it wouldn't have worked on the other game files. Honestly, not sure I'm willing to check it either, because if I have to test by saving the game, then I'll have to put all the CC back, so right now that's a last resort ;^;

I have my suspicion of what it is. I use MCCommand Centre, and I've changed my max household size to 12. Although I don't usually play with more than 8 sims, I have 9 sims in the household that isn't working. Could be the problem? Problem is, I can't manage households, so I can't move the sim out anyway.

What I've tried so far:

-Repaired game through origin

-Played offline

-Reset laptop

-I tried deleting some build mode objects I had added that day in case they had glitched the game

I have a macbook air 2015 model, and these are the system details:

Processor: 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

If it will help, I can post the two crash reports (one that comes up as a window, one that's a file in the sims folder)

Thank you for any help, anything is appreciated!

Message 1 of 3 (335 Views)

★★★ Novice
Forgot to add, it's only one specific family as well. Can save game while playing in other households, it's only that one specific family.
Message 2 of 3 (334 Views)

Champion

@srpjnz , to clarify. You can open up the game file ok and play, but cannot save or travel with said household. 

There is a feature within Sims 4 that allows you to recover previous saves. Start up your game as normal and go to the "Load Game" option. It will then bring up thumbnails of your current saved households. Highlight your game and look in the lower right hand corner to see two icons at the bottom. One looks like a "save" icon (the left hand one) and the other is the "play" icon (the right hand arrow looking icon). Click on the left hand icon and it should bring up a list of saved games for that household, time stamped with prior dates and times. Since you had saved your game prior to the corrupted save, you should be able to reload the game from your previous saved point. You will have lost progress, but that's better than not being able to play at all. 

Please let us know if this solved your issue.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 3 (312 Views)