Re: Sims 4 Game Crash/Freezes

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Sims 4 Game Crash/Freezes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Ok, so I've been having this problem for the past week now. Whenever I'm playing my game, it would freeze, and then I would receive a notification from my laptop telling me that my device had run out of application memory. I have about 250 GB of space left on my computer, I have 16 GB of memory, and when I play sims, it only takes about 10-11 GB. So then, I would have to force quit the game, but whenever I would try to relaunch it then it would continue crashing. I took out my mods, it would continue crashing, I took out screenshots, tray, and then the save file, and it would continue crashing. It's not unless I delete the entire Sims 4 folder and reluanch the game that it would work. But then, when I import everything into the new sims 4 folder, I would then freeze and force me to force quit it. I've been trying to solve this on my own for the past week, but this game is completely unplayable and I don't know what to do. I even thought maybe a save file was corrupted, so then I created an entire new one and deleted the old ones, while also removing bad CC that the betterexceptions mod instructed me to do, and it still froze, and then crashed upon relaunch. I'm going to upload the crash report in hopes that someone can please help me to see what I can do to save my game. Thank you. 

Message 1 of 7 (704 Views)

★★★ Novice

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><report><version>2</version><sessionid>8d489fa22361770c62298ef9</sessionid><type>crash</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4.15.mac</sku><createtime>2022-03-10 05:40:53</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.84.197.1230-1.200.000.546.Release</buildsignature><systemconfig></systemconfig><categoryid> 0x11c9</categoryid><stack> 0x11c9 0xdfece9 0xf6a70f 0x1f6eee 0x64f4 0x200f</stack><threads></threads><screenshot></screenshot><memdump></memdump><contextdata>Client Session Time: 108.10<br />Num Save Errors: 0<br />Num Load Errors: 0<br />Current Game State: 0x96d01090<br />LoadingScreenActiveFlag: 1<br />Origin Version: 10,5,111,50299<br />Modded: True<br />SystemInfo: Mac OS X Version 10.16 (Build 21D62) GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 5300M macOS Metal driver 0.0.0.0<br />(baseaddr) 0x7ff80978b000,'libsystem_platform.dylib' 0x109cdb000,'The Sims 4' 0x109cdb000,'The Sims 4' 0x109cdb000,'The Sims 4' 0x7ff809773000,'libsystem_pthread.dylib' 0x7ff809773000,'libsystem_pthread.dylib'(/baseaddr)</contextdata></report>

Message 2 of 7 (700 Views)

[ Edited ]

@JllGreen

Sounds like you have a bloated save which is sucking up the memory. How big are your saves?

Do you have a 16" MacBook Pro?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 7 (655 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, I have a 16" MacBook Pro, and right now I have 5 save files that are about 67 MB each 

Message 4 of 7 (599 Views)

@JllGreen

The Sims 4 and 16" Intel MacBook Pros have never played well, there's some kind of inherent issue most likely linked to the GPU https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/-WORKAROUND-Problems-playing-Sims-4-on-the-16-quot-Ma...

And yes, that's stupidly big for a save file, no wonder you're having issues. Have you checked out the bug forum for bloated saves? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 7 (552 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just checked out both forums and downloaded the GPU application but on all three settings it still crashed, and as for the save files I deleted the entire folder and tried to launch the game, it crashed, and then I only put in one of the save files, which were 67 MB, and it still crashed, so I'm not sure the save file is the problem. I dunno, the game will literally only launch if I delete the entirety of the contents in the folder and have it generate new ones, but I'm still on a countdown for when it's going to freeze again, and restart the entire problem. I'm just so confused as to where this problem is coming from because when I first got my laptop just a couple months ago the game was running like an angel, but starting from last weekend these problems have come up, and nor the game or my computer has updated to any new program that I can just blame it on in the past week and a half. 

Message 6 of 7 (532 Views)

@JllGreen

Yes, unfortunately that’s what happens. As you can see from that thread, there are multiple pages of people stating the exact same thing, one minute it works, then next it doesn’t Frown

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 7 (521 Views)