Re: Sims 4 Freezing on Loading Screen and Not Responding

by ghosting702

Original Post

Sims 4 Freezing on Loading Screen and Not Responding

★★ Novice

I know this is an issue that has been brought up before, but I have yet to find a solution that works for me, so I thought I would just ask again.

I haven't played the Sims 4 in awhile due to separate issues with my laptop, but those have been fixed recently, so I wanted to get back into playing. However, when I open the game, it loads for a little before freezing. [see attached screenshot] And I typically have to end up restarting my Mac, because my whole computer freezes, and sometimes it will also say that "the application isn't responding" or something like that. And even more recently the game just seems to quit on its own, if that makes sense. I have tried a couple things, and nothing seems to work. I would really like to start playing again, so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great, thanks!

Message 1 of 6 (495 Views)

@ghosting702 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 6 (468 Views)

★★ Novice

Operating System (Version) - macOS Catalina Version 10.15.5

Mac model - MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018)

Processor - 1.6. GHz Dual-Core Intel i5

Memory (RAM) - 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics - Intel UDH Graphics 617 1536 MB

Are you attempting to play the normal version of the game or the Legacy Edition?

Normal

Are you running any antivirus?

No

Have you tried to repair the game in Origin? Right click on the game in My Games and select Repair Game.

Yes

Do you use CC/Mods? If so, have you tried removing them and seeing if that fixes your problem?

Yes, but they have been removed.

Message 3 of 6 (448 Views)

@ghosting702

Thanks Standard smile Can you update Catalina? 10.15.7 was the final version.

Can you also move the entire Sims 4 folder to the desktop, not just remove Mods, and then launch the game so it creates a new Sims 4 folder with none of your saves and other data in it.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 6 (442 Views)

★★ Novice

I updated it, and it isn't freezing anymore, it's just "quitting unexpectedly". Also, I had moved the Sims 4 folder to my desktop earlier, and just didn't quite word it right.

Message 5 of 6 (407 Views)

@ghosting702

How annoying! Try this super repair - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 6 (401 Views)