Re: Sims 4 Freeze

by mammallama99

Original Post

Sims 4 Freeze

★ Novice

i’m in my Mac and I can get into the game okay and play for about 5 min then all of a sudden it freezes along with the time. I can’t switch people I can’t use cheats and I have to force quit because it stops all access on the game. i’ve pressed repair game, updated it, and reloaded sims and origin and nothing works. it’s been doing this for hours now. pls help it’s making me nuts

Message 1 of 12 (621 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have been having the exact same issue, and it is especially upsetting because I just bought a brand new computer. This happens whether I try to play my save file from my old computer or not. In CAS, in Build Mode, in Play Mode, it doesn't matter. 

Message 2 of 12 (609 Views)

@kmills51 @jcnternational17 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 12 (574 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro17,1

Chip: Apple M1

Total Number of Cores: 8 (4 performance and 4 efficiency)

Memory: 8 GB

System Firmware Version: 6723.50.2

Serial Number (system):

Hardware UUID: A8C253A1-29A1-5635-80C2-F4F4955D536B

Provisioning UDID: 00008103-0006041626A2001E

Activation Lock Status: Disabled

Message 4 of 12 (561 Views)

★★ Novice
@kmills51 Did anyone solve this for you? I'm having the same issue and I keep trying to chat with EA but my account won't let me. Said I can only call. and their hours don't restart until Monday.
Message 5 of 12 (541 Views)

@jcnternational17

You need to enable vsync, the issue is the M1 Mac https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Compatible-with-Apple-M1-Chip/m-p/9717611#M39297

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 6 of 12 (534 Views)

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora

Version: 10.13.6 (17G13035)

Model: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)

Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory (RAM): 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB

* Are you attempting to play the normal version of the game or the Legacy Edition?
Normal

* Are you running any antivirus?
No

* Have you tried to repair the game in Origin? Right click on the game in My Games and select Repair Game.
Yes

* Do you use CC/Mods? If so, have you tried removing them and seeing if that fixes your problem?
Yes, didn’t fix it.
Message 7 of 12 (521 Views)

Message 8 of 12 (510 Views)

★★ Novice

I have been having the same issue. I have been posting about it and no one seems to know how to fix. Why isn’t EA fixing the problem??

Message 9 of 12 (485 Views)

★★ Novice
@mammallama99 I talked to 4 EA advisors over the last 2 days and they said it's definitely an EA issue and not anything on the players end. They said they'll release a patch for it but I don't know how long that will take
Message 10 of 12 (432 Views)