Sims 4 Failed Download [Mac]

by CCSEIF

Original Post

Sims 4 Failed Download [Mac]

★★★ Newbie

My daughter's Sims 4 game kept crashing so I deleted it and tried to re-download it to her Macbook. When I try, I get a notification that the download failed. Another window pops up that says:

"Your download has been paused. Origin needs to download files and is waiting for permission. Please choose "Yes" when Windows prompts you for permission." I never get another prompt for permission.

I have been researching it for several hours and have tried all of the following things:

Deleted Origin and reinstalled.

Ran the Origin Reset Tool and restarted the computer.

I have run the reset tool several times and restarted several times.

Nothing has worked and the Sims 4 download fails every time. 

On her computer, Macbook running macOS Catalina Version 10.15/4, she has her user profile and I also have one. We both have admin rights. Out of curiosity, I tried to download Sims 4 onto my user profile and it worked. Downloaded with no problems. 

Any ideas on why that would be and how to get it to run on her user profile so she doesn't have to log out of hers and into mine to play Sims.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3 (249 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Failed Download [Mac]

★★★ Newbie
@CCSEIF Hi, I was having a similar problem earlier this week, my downloads weren't showing at all, turning off technical previews in the app settings helped fix the bug but I'm not sure they would with this issue but it might be worth trying.
Message 2 of 3 (235 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Failed Download [Mac]

@CCSEIF

Is this just the base game you are having issues with? Are you trying to install it in the Mac user account the game is installed to or another user account on the machine?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (217 Views)