Re: Sims 4 External Monitor Pixelated

by Samalebiermann

Original Post

Sims 4 External Monitor Pixelated

★★★ Novice

Hello everyone! So i am playing on MacBook Pro and i have it hooked up to an external monitor. The game used to play fine on the monitor and looked amazing, all of a sudden the lines are pixelated and the sims look terrible. I tried to make the graphics higher since i normally have them set on medium, i also changed the aspect ratio and nothing worked. The two pics i have below are two different aspect ratios. Help! I also have these weird shadow lines following the sims when the are indoors. All of this stuff is new!

Message 1 of 8 (1,439 Views)

@Samalebiermann 

The shadow lines are a graphics glitch affecting all Mac users, please could you press the Me Too button in the opening post of this thread - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Mac-Sims-cast-weird-shadows/m-p/7178640

As for the pixels, do you mean the jagged edges? If so enabling Edge Smoothing should smooth that out Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 8 (1,428 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you so much for answering! I did try edge smoothing and it did nothing! Maybe I’ll try repairing the game again. I also hit the “me too” button for that issue as well. Thanks for the feedback! 

Message 3 of 8 (1,419 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Samalebiermann 

Can you provide more info about your Mac? Instructions on how to do so here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Thanks for clicking the me too Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 8 (1,410 Views)

★★★ Novice

version 10.14.3

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)

Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Startup disk Macintosh HD

Graphics Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB

Message 5 of 8 (1,402 Views)

@Samalebiermann

Thanks. You have integrated graphics which aren't ideal but it should look better than it currently does. Have you disabled laptop mode? Bear in mind the higher the graphics the more strain on your Mac so it will heat up more and the game will most likely lag.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 8 (1,399 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well I have disabled laptop mode and nothing changes. And it has looked amazing with the same monitor and same MacBook Pro. I try to keep the graphics on medium. Sometimes low depending. Right now they are all set to medium. 

Message 7 of 8 (1,396 Views)

@Samalebiermann

Ok. This most likely happened as a result of a game or OS update, or something else running which is affecting performance. Could you set up a new user account on your Mac and play in that account, see if it still happens?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 8 (1,394 Views)