Re: Sims 4 Download Stuck on Finalizing

by Lola18790

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Download Stuck on Finalizing

★ Apprentice

Hello, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the problem but, just recently I was cleaning up my laptop to free up some more storage. I am on a mac BTW. I went into the library folder and deleted some cache files. I honestly was desperate to free up storage and I didn't know that it was dangerous to delete cache files without knowing what they do or what they're used for. After cleaning up, I decided I wanted to play the sims 4. So I opened Origin and once I opened the sims, I was gonna play with my family in Del Sol Valley, but when I tried to play with them, I got a message saying that there was some packs that weren't downloaded and something about data being lost forever if I continued to play. So I quit the game and noticed that all of my packs were uninstalled. So I reinstalled them or whatever and then when the first one started downloading, it created a folder on my desktop saying Sims 4 Packs. It was taking up all my storage so I deleted it but then realized that the packs were uninstalled again so I went through the process once again and left the folder there, but I was confused because I'd never seen that folder before when I download a newly purchased pack. Then I moved the folder to the applications folder since thats where my Sims 4 game was located. So then I started the game up again and noticed that almost all of my sims that were created with cc that they had a broken or missing mesh type of skin. Then I realized Del Sol Valley wasn't listed in the worlds AT ALL. Not in the vacations tab, and not even in the locked tab where you have to buy the pack. So I quit the game again and then all my packs were uninstalled and started downloading AGAIN. I am very frustrated at this point but some packs are stuck at finalizing and I have no way to reset the download. Please help me!

Message 1 of 4 (2,248 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Guide

@Lola18790 Hi! Sorry to hear you are having this issue. My first thought was for you to try repairing your game. If you don't know how to do that, simply press the settings button and press repair. This should repair any problems you're facing and give back those cache files you deleted. Hopefully anyway. Try this if you haven't already and let me know the result. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (2,228 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

@Lola18790 Hi! Sorry to hear you are having this issue. My first thought was for you to try repairing your game. If you don't know how to do that, simply press the settings button and press repair. This should repair any problems you're facing and give back those cache files you deleted. Hopefully anyway. Try this if you haven't already and let me know the result. 

Message 2 of 4 (2,229 Views)

@Lola18790 

The Sims 4 Packs folder contains all your DLC and must be in the same install location as the game app. Have a read through here and force a re-download of the specific packs - https://bluebellflora.com/2020/06/17/repairing-sims-4-packs-in-origin/

Packs are not currently included in a repair, it only repairs the base game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 4 (2,226 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi! I forgot to put this in my description but I did repair the game when they were stuck but it did not do anything. However, I just repaired it again, quit origin, and now they're all installed. Thank you so much! 

Message 4 of 4 (2,205 Views)