Re: Sims 4 Crash I've never seen!!! Tried Everything I've Seen!

by MaxisJoe

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Crash I've never seen!!! Tried Everything I've Seen!

★★★★★ Newbie

I need help!!! Sims 4 on iMac is not loading!! When I try to boot up Sims half my screen goes black, the other half my normal backdrop. My iMac freezes to the point I have to unplug it, and replug and wait to load. Happens every time, I haven't been able to play in months... Can someone please help? Thank you!!!!!!!

(side note: I tried to reset Origin, but when I put in my user and password it didn't work. I reset my password, and typed it on with the right user... didn't work... I'm getting very upset with how nothing is working...)

Message 1 of 7 (689 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Newbie
@MaxisJoe Thank you, I will try that!

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (516 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff
@Unigirltwin I predict that you are using macOS Sierra. There seems to be an issue with this version of macOS, some GPU devices, and The Sims 4. Can you try upgrading to at least macOS High Sierra? This has fixed the problem for many, many players.
--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7 (674 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! Is there any way you can tell me how to upgrade as I do not know how to do that... Im being dumb, but much help appreciated!

Message 3 of 7 (590 Views)

EA Staff
@Unigirltwin Use Apple's App Store application (it's in your Applications folder, is called "App Store.app", and the icon is a blue circle with a stylized "A" formed by three sticks in the middle). Search for "High Sierra" (or just look at the banners if you're willing/able to upgrade to the most current version of macOS. I'm certain Apple will be advertising Catalina very heavily to you). The on-screen instructions should be self explanatory from there. The whole process should take about an hour (roughly).

One important note - be sure to have your TimeMachine backup fully up to date just in case anything goes wrong.
--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 4 of 7 (582 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@MaxisJoe Thank you, I will try that!
Message 5 of 7 (517 Views)

★★ Novice

Did it work for you, i cant quite figure out how to do the high Sierra thing. If it did work i might try to understand it more

Ive got the same problem as you

Message 6 of 7 (398 Views)

@morningsunshin

Apple provide a direct link to the App Store High Sierra page here - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208969

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 7 of 7 (372 Views)