Re: Sims 4 Cats and Dogs on Mac not working

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Sims 4 Cats and Dogs on Mac not working

★★ Novice

The Sims 4 on Mac has stopped working. I have all the main games accept vampires. I bought Cats and Dogs 2 weeks ago and today it takes a long time to respond when clicking start on the start page. ONce in the game you have to click on a household multiple times to get it to respond. Once in the household, in build mode you can click on the different categories but nothing shows. It is so unresponsive all you can do is quit. I have run the repair feature in Origin but that made no difference. I have a MacBook Air that is less than a year old so it's not the computer. This just started after the last Origin update. Quit "fixing" things because it only breaks them!!

Message 1 of 3 (754 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Pinging @Bluebellflora as this is a Mac issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (736 Views)

@LeighGypsy

It might well be your computer if you have the settings too high. MacBook Airs are great machines but absolutely not designed for gaming at all. They have low powered processors and integrated graphics chips which will struggle if you have a lot going on in your game. This includes CC/Mods, high graphics settings, travelling, being on community lots with lots of sims. 

Go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 and trash the Options.ini file. This will reset your in-game graphics settings.

Disable Origin in-game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (717 Views)