by Vicky11425

Original Post

Re: sims 4 expansion packs wont download

★ Novice

I see the button but when I click on it nothing happens 

Message 241 of 314 (558 Views)

Re: Origin Download Button Not Working

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict This worked! Thank you so much!
Message 242 of 314 (555 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Expansion Packs

★★ Novice

Thank you so much!!!

Message 243 of 314 (551 Views)

Re: (Mac) Download Button Not Working for Sims 4 packs

★ Novice

I recently had the same exact issue. Here's how I was able to fix mine:

open origin > go to client list > preferences > disable Participate in Origin technical previews > quit Origin. From here you may need to update origin if it states so, then you're download button should now show as "download now" or will automatically download when Origin opens. 

I really hope this works!

Message 244 of 314 (541 Views)

Re: (Mac) Download Button Not Working for Sims 4 packs

★★★★★ Newbie

This was the only thing that fixed it!!!! Thank you so much!!

Message 245 of 314 (532 Views)

origin not allowing me to download any of my bought but uninstalled packs

★★ Novice

hi, I just decided to download sims 4 island living and I bought it then right clicked on sims 4 scrolled down to the pack, it then says I own it. then underneath says download, when I press download nothing happens and its not downloading it, I've tried re starting origin and I've tried uninstalling sims 4 in the hope that it would re install with all my other packs in the queue but no, instead my sims 4 game downloaded with noon my other expansion packs or game packs, now when I go to press download nothing happens

why won't it download?

Message 246 of 314 (515 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Message 247 of 314 (530 Views)

★★★ Newbie

when i click on that it also does nothing??

Message 248 of 314 (530 Views)

Re: Packs wont install/download Sims 4

★ Novice

Hi!

I'm having the exact same issue! I recently purchased "Eco Lifestyle", but it didn't automatically download so I decided to check what's up with it. I tried downloading it manually (btw when I checked my transaction, it said that I own this pack so it didn't even occur to me that something was wrong) and needless to say, it DID NOT work. I was very confused so I tried again and again, I reloaded Origin, I signed out, I restarted my Mac, and then tried clicking the download button but to no avail. At one point I was so annoyed I tried to open my game and check what it says in the main menu about it. Well, I was NOT surprised when it told me "you already have this content" however when I tried disabling/enabling it told me the content had to be downloaded first. I don't understand why this is happening, I never had this problem in the past...In fact, right before purchasing Eco Lifestyle, I purchased "Cool kitchen stuff" and that downloaded and is perfectly playable!

I checked my storage I have at least 300GB left, so it simply CAN'T be that.

However, I did recently upgrade my mac to "Big Sur" and I'm not sure if that's the reason why I'm struggling. I'd really appreciate the help... 

Thank you!

Message 249 of 314 (530 Views)

Sims 4 Cats and Dogs Expantion Pack Not Showing up on Mac

★★★ Newbie

Hey Guys, 

So I recently got the extension pack with Cats and Dogs in it. I play the Sims on a MacBook and when I tried to add a cat or dog to my household or use build mode with its new build mode objects nothing pops up. I've already tried to repair the game multiple times as well as try to update it. Nothing seems to work. I also realized that when I go to the Sims game in my Origin library, it does not let me download it. Any suggestions?

Message 250 of 314 (491 Views)