Sims 3

by shaunyboy14

Original Post

Re: Sims 3

★★★★ Novice

So, Idk if anyone else has this issue but. My game downloaded and worked fine for a good week. Now, it freezes when trying to even open the game (right after clicking play in TS3 Launcher). I tried backing up files and redownloading the game, i tried repairing it through origin, but still the same reaction. Anyone who has other possible suggestions to try and fix it? this is my computer model if that helps at all

Message 11 of 12 (159 Views)

Re: Sims 3

@frogvic  When you say you backed up your files, did you actually move the Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts?  If not, please try it now.

If that doesn't or didn't help, please try playing with Origin in offline mode, and if that alone doesn't work, with Origin in offline mode and your computer not connected to the internet.

The thing is, your laptop's hardware is under the minimum requirements for the 64-bit Sims 3.  That doesn't mean you can't play, as you've seen, just that you might not be able to with any success.  While your graphics chip is the main issue, having only 4 GB memory may be contributing.  Try playing only after restarting your computer and while you don't have any other apps open, to maximize the free RAM available to the game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 12 (143 Views)