Re: Sims 3

by shaunyboy14

Original Post

Sims 3

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi im new to this chat. Im hoping someone can help me, when i load sims 3 64 bit i can play it for 5 minuntes and then it quits by its self. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue

Message 1 of 12 (624 Views)

@shaunyboy14  Please attach your deviceconfig.log to a post.  It's in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3.  You can delete your user and computer names, about 25 lines down, but there's nothing else in that file that can identify you.

Please also list the packs you've installed, and let me know how many sims (and pets, if you have them), are in the active household.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 12 (603 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

hi this is was you asked for, I copied it in to word as couldn't find another way to attach it. I also have all the expansion pack installed and most of the stuff packs, the only stuff pack I'm missing is the Katie Perry one, outdoor living and 70s,80s and 90s stuff. the house hold I've been trying to play with was just 1 woman and 1 man from create a sims and had no pets at all. thanks for your help  

Message 3 of 12 (585 Views)

@shaunyboy14  Please make sure your laptop can cool itself effectively while you play.  Place it on a hard flat surface, elevate it so that air can circulate underneath, or use a fan or cooling pad.  Excess heat can cause the game to crash, or rather it can cause the computer to force-crash the game to protect itself.

Please also turn all the settings down to the minimum, at least for now.  The important thing is to figure out whether you can play for any length of time; if so, you can start turning up the settings one or two at a time to see how it goes.

Message 4 of 12 (582 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Ok thanks ill give it a try and let u know 

Message 5 of 12 (555 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict hi I've done what you said and its still quitting by self. also when I do play the laptop is not hot at all so I don't think it that but I'm not the expert. I've attached the error I get when it quits and the specs of my Mac if that helps. thanks again for your help

Message 6 of 12 (540 Views)

@shaunyboy14  Thanks for the info.  Is there anything specific you do when the game crashes, like speed up the clock or click somewhere or in a certain way?  A few people have reported that changing speeds can cause a crash.

As for heat, there are monitoring apps you can use, if you're interested.  But if you put your hand on the bottom of the laptop and it doesn't feel hot, that's probably not the issue.

Message 7 of 12 (528 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I was at one of the bars when i just tryed it but when i tryed it befor i was at the sims house and it still quit by its self. I also have contacted EA support if they could do anything but they just said that they know about an issue and there sorting a fix. Do you have anything else i could try
Message 8 of 12 (522 Views)

@shaunyboy14  I'm sorry, I don't really know why the game is quitting on you.  A number of people are getting the same error (the one in your crash log), so it's possible there will be a fix or workaround.  If I hear anything, I'll let you know.

The only other thing I can think of for you to try, although it's more a shot in the dark than anything else, is playing in a new user account on your Mac.  Make it an admin account; the username should contain only letters and numbers, no special characters, accents, etc.

Message 9 of 12 (515 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Ok thanks for your help
Message 10 of 12 (507 Views)