Sims 3 won’t work

by Shellyybell

Original Post

Highlighted

Sims 3 won’t work

★★★ Novice

I recently bought Sims 3 digital download on my MacBook Air and can not get it to play. From the origin app, it has been stuck Finalizing for a whole day. I can still launch to play the game but when I do, I immediately get a pop up message saying the Sims 3 quit unexpectedly. I’ve hit reopen and then another message will pop up saying “cannot connect the servers”. I am connected the internet. I went through I live chat with an EA member and they mentioned to wait 24 hours. But there is no progress bar on the finalizing. I need help!!!

Message 1 of 8 (562 Views)

Re: Sims 3 won’t work

@Shellyybell  For the finalizing error, try running the Origin reset tool for macOS:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Just so you know, you don't need to have Origin open while you play.  So you can ignore the issue, and Origin entirely, if you want.

For the server error, try this:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Sims-3-quot-Important-Message-There-is-a-problem-conn...

If it doesn't work, please list the packs you've installed, and any you'd like to install but haven't yet.

You can ignore the "quit unexpectedly" message as well.  If you don't click on either choice, the launcher often opens on its own after about 30 seconds.  This tends to work better if you're launching Sims 3 from the base game icon rather than an icon for one of the packs.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (518 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi! So I got the game to work!! BUT when I installed the World Adventures pack the same issue happened again!! Do I go about the same solution process again?? 

Message 3 of 8 (498 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict hi so I went through the process you mentioned after installing World Adventures. And I message pops up saying “There seems to be a problem contacting the license server. Ensure your internet connection is active and try again in a few minutes.”

Message 4 of 8 (475 Views)

@Shellyybell  The workaround is the same as before, except you need to copy the paul.dll file from the TS3EP03 folder (the same place as before) into the folder labeled TS3EP01 (World Adventures is expansion pack 1).

Message 5 of 8 (451 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict So do I paste the paul.dll file under the TSEP01 folder under the Sims 3 folder? Or do I go back  to the Sims 3 world adventures? Because when I go back to the world adventures folder there is no “packs” folder.

Message 6 of 8 (441 Views)

@Shellyybell  You follow the same path in the original workaround: right-click on the base game icon in Applications\The Sims 3, then go here:

Contents\Resources\transgaming\c_drive\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Packs

In the Packs folder, there is a TS3 folder (base game), plus one folder for each expansion and stuff pack.  You copied the paul.dll from TS3EP03 in this same location into the TS3 folder; now copy that same paul.dll into the TS3EP01 folder in the same Packs folder where everything else is.

Message 7 of 8 (437 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much it worked!!! You’re amazing!

Message 8 of 8 (429 Views)