Re: Sims 3 won't work on Macbook air? Please help..somebody

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★ Novice

will it help if I uninstall then install sims 3 again. if so how do I uninstall it on origin.

Message 21 of 25 (494 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Good point. After all, it wouldn't be The Sims 3 without something like the game running out of memory at a pretty inopportune moment, like when you're trying to save the game or moving in between whatever world your primary lot is and Oasis Landing/the University town/one of the World Adventures worlds.

Message 22 of 25 (477 Views)

@smartie_icecream  If you're going to uninstall, do it manually, and make sure you remove all the hidden library files that might otherwise prevent the game from launching.  Here's a guide:

https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

Install the base game only, no packs, and run the Super Patch again.  Then try launching the game.  If you still get the unknown error, let me know.  If you get the server error, ignore it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 23 of 25 (458 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you so much for this info I have been trying to find out why I can n longer play my sims 3 on my new Mac book.

Message 24 of 25 (292 Views)

@PlainJane2013  The 64-bit version of Sims 3 should run on a new Mac.  Would you like help trying to get it to work?  If so, please list the full specs of your Mac, including operating system, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/32-bit-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 25 of 25 (282 Views)