Re: Sims 3 - "There is a problem connecting to the server..." installa

by beerxced79000

Original Post

@Kalerrrz  I just tested myself, and this issue is definitely back.  Luckily, the workaround from last October still fixes the problem—I tested that as well.  Here it is, a few pages back in this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Sims-3-quot-There-is-a-problem-connecting-to-the-serv...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 131 of 388 (854 Views)

★ Guide

WHAAAT ??? Disappointed

Spoiler

I just got out of my grave by private message to claim the files again

Message 132 of 388 (824 Views)

[ Edited ]

@beerxced79000  I know, right?  But it's nice that the same workaround still helps (at least for now).  No word yet from any EA people, but hopefully this issue will be easier to handle this time around, since everyone already knows how to fix it.

Message 133 of 388 (805 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It worked! Thanks so much! <3

Message 134 of 388 (788 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! 

I downloaded yesterday and am having the same unable to connect to server, please try again later issue. I followed the steps from earlier in the thread (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Sims-3-quot-There-is-a-problem-connecting-to-the-serv...) but I am still having the same issue. 

I am using el capitan on an early 2014 macbook air. 

I tried a few other work arounds before finding this thread, so I have already done reset origin. In terms of expansion packs I've downloaded and installed high end loft stuff (and followed the extra steps in the above thread for this) and although my bundle came with late night, I've not downloaded or installed this yet as it seems it has bugs of it's own!

Any help would be appreciated as I am really keen to play Standard smile Thanks 

Message 135 of 388 (776 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@gingernugget8 Did you try to uninstall your whole sims 3 game first?
Message 136 of 388 (760 Views)

@gingernugget8  If you do want Late Night in your game, the easiest workaround is just to install it and use the workaround for the unknown error.  If you're only installing Late Night (and High-End Loft Stuff), all you need to do is create an alias for Late Night in Applications\The Sims 3, alongside the alias for the base game.  This is simple:

https://bluebellflora.com/sims-3-packs-not-showing-as-installed/

Because LN isn't affected by the server connection issue, this should bypass the need for the fix.  Please make sure though that you're online when you launch the game for the first time after installation.  You don't need to use Origin, but you do need an internet connection of some sort.

Message 137 of 388 (736 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I bought the Sims 3 earlier today on my MacBook Air. I have been receiving the same error message that this thread has been following when trying to play the game. I have tried the solution of deleting the paul.dll file and copying the one from TS3EP03 folder. This doesn't bring up the same error message and prompts me for my registration code. Upon entering my code I receive another error message that says: "unhandled exception 0x80000004 at address 0x00000000. Do you wish to debug it?". If I click either 'Yes' or 'No' the game crashes. I have tried uninstalling it and trying again but I still receive the same message when deleting the paul.dll file. 

I have tried all of the standard solutions but had absolutely no luck. Deleting the paul.dll file is the only progress I have made as I don't receive the same message but I am then prompted with another error message. There doesn't seem to be many solutions to the new error message I am receiving apart from uninstalling the game cleanly which I have tried.

Any help or guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated as I am eager to play this game! 

My Mac specs are attached.

Message 138 of 388 (725 Views)

★★ Novice

I get this too.  and the plumbobs!

Message 139 of 388 (720 Views)

@SickkGeeza  Given how little memory your computer has, it's not surprising that it's struggling to load TS3.  There might not be a whole lot you can do, short of installing more RAM.  Even if that's possible (I'd have to look up your specific model), your processor is still known to cause all kinds of issues with TS3.

The one other step I can suggest is bypassing the launcher, which takes a significant amount of memory to run on its own.

https://bluebellflora.com/sims-3-how-to-bypass-the-launcher-on-a-mac/

Please also be sure to only launch TS3 immediately after restarting your computer, with nothing else running alongside the game.

Message 140 of 388 (712 Views)