Re: t

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 - "There is a problem connecting to the server..." installa

@Jeamenez  What packs have you installed?  If you have either World Adventures or High-End Loft Stuff, did you repeat the process for those as well?  This file swap should work for you, unless something has changed in the last day or so.  (It's always possible.)

And no, sorry, I can't send you the file you need.  It's a program file, and EA does not allow those to be shared here.  But you already have a number of copies of the updated paul.dll in your base game files; if the one from EP02 didn't work, try the one from EP04 or EP05.

If you're seeing an unknown error instead of the connection error, please read Bluebellflora's guide to installing TS3 on a mac:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/698...

If something else is preventing you from playing, please describe it in detail.  We can help you with whatever issues you're having, but each problem has a different solution, so more information would be very much appreciated.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 121 of 388 (3,774 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @puzzlezaddict ! Thank you so much for answering me ! I've installed the basic game, starter pack. I have not installed the others extensions yet. 

I have the same message that appears that you described earlier in your post..

I tried to copy various Paul.dl files from EP04, EP05 to put in TS3 but it doesn't works...

Do I need to only replace the Paul.dll file in TS3 ? or in the other files also ? 

THANK YOU SO MUCH. 

Message 122 of 388 (3,761 Views)

@Jeamenez  As far as I've seen, the only step necessary is to replace the old paul.dll file in the base game folder with a working copy.  Have you installed High-End Loft Stuff, the stuff pack that came with the starter pack?  Then you'd need to replace its paul.dll as well—the one in base game contents, not Add-ons.

Have you installed Late Night yet?  Even if you own the starter pack, it needs to be installed separately from the base game.  In your Origin library, click on the TS3 icon, then select More > Expansion Packs, and scroll down to LN.  There will be a Download button for the pack if it's not already installed.

The way things have worked up until now, you wouldn't need to do any workaround for the old paul.dll files if you installed a pack as new as Late Night.  If you haven't installed it yet, you could try.  You'd probably need to create an alias for the pack in Applications, alongside the alias for the base game, but that's easy enough to do.

https://bluebellflora.com/sims-3-packs-not-showing-as-installed/

If you've installed Late Night and are still getting the error, that's worrisome.  Perhaps something else has changed on EA's end, even since the previous issue in October.  You could also try replacing the paul.dll in LN's folder with one from EP09 or EP10.  Those are more recent versions of the file than the one for LN (EP03).  Here's the path to LN's folder:

Contents\Resources\transgaming\c_drive\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Packs\TS3EP03

Message 123 of 388 (3,743 Views)

★★ Novice
THE SAME THING IS HAPPENING WOTH ME
Message 124 of 388 (3,701 Views)

t

★★ Novice

HELP my macbook 2011 keeps saying for the sims 3 there is a problem connecting to the server try again and please ensure your internet connection and if the problem persists (it has) try agian 

Message 125 of 388 (3,702 Views)

★★ Novice
SAME
Message 126 of 388 (3,700 Views)

@idontletgo  I've moved your other post into the thread dedicated to this issue.  Please see this post for the solution:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Sims-3-quot-There-is-a-problem-connecting-to-the-server-quot/...

Message 127 of 388 (3,689 Views)

★ Guide

After an activation test on the NFS game undercover with paul.dll 4.1.1.14! the problem seems to be solved !!!

Message 128 of 388 (3,610 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team
- We are not considering this fixed

Edited: this is something we are still looking into. In the meantime, some of your fellow Simmers have found a workaround that you could try: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Sims-3-quot-There-is-a-problem-connecting-to-the-serv...

Hi everyone,

We made some changes in order to try to fix this issue, so you might want to give it another try now. Standard smile

Please, let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
-Mai

Message 129 of 388 (63,168 Views)

★★★ Newbie

macos sierra

Message 130 of 388 (3,393 Views)