Re: Sims 3 packs missing from account

by jdgaga

Original Post

Sims 3 packs missing from account

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

HELP PLEASE!

So I obviously I haven't been able to play Sims 3 on my Mac for a while but I've just seen the 64bit version available. Log in to my origin account, download it, it starts downloading my Pets expansion pack too. But NONE of my other expansion packs are downloaded. 

I go get my games with the physical codes and its claiming all the codes have already been redeemed! I have 2 old accounts and have checked both - neither were downloaded on them. I check what's listed on the old 32bit version and it has no expansion packs on there anymore as if it's been wiped. 

I spoke to someone on the chat - very rude and abrupt. Basically, they've been redeemed on another account they can't disclose and that's it. I'm sat here with hundred of £'s worth of expansion packs and looks like I can't play any of them unless I fork out again. Please someone, any advice or help? Very upset at the moment. 

edited title after splitting thread.  -puzzlezaddict

Message 1 of 3 (198 Views)

@JDNelson98  Only EA support can help in this case.  It's unfortunate that the support rep you spoke to was rude, but when a CD key has been redeemed on an account, there's no way to revoke it or transfer it to a different account.  The only way to get your content back is to recover that account and have it merged with your current one.

What you could do is take a photo for each pack showing the disc, case, and insert with the serial number showing.  Upload the photos when you submit your help request, then list all your email addresses for the support rep and ask if any of them are tied to the account that contains your packs.  A more helpful support rep might also tell you the first two letters of the email if you're drawing a blank.

Another approach would be to enter any email address you can remember in an Origin sign in window, then click "Forgot your password?"  If the address is associated with an EA/Origin account, it should receive a password recovery email.  Be sure to check the spam folder as well.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (185 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you! 

i ended up starting a new chat with someone who was much calmer and helpful. We established I did have another account and I eventually remembered what it was. I’ve had the accounts merged now so no more issues like that in the future haha! 

Message 3 of 3 (179 Views)