Original Post

Sims 3 on MacBook Air early 2014

★★ Novice

Hello.

I have MacBook Air on El Capitan, early 2014:

1,4 GHz Intel Core i5

4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536  MB

I have bought the Sims 3 pack (base + late night + some accessories). It launches, plays and than it crashes. Sometimes walls become green-yellow-red like some kind of a rainbow and than it crashes. It also overheats my mac a lot. The time how much can I play before it crashes varies - sometimes it is about 10 minutes (in particular on my laps, even though I am holding my mac by its edges, so that I don't cover ventilators), sometimes it is over an hour, when I place my mac on a desk.

Sometimes the game freezes and I can't do anything but restarting the game. Is there anything I can do to make the game go smoother? I wanted to buy another expansion but I'm afraid it can make the game unplayable.

Also is there any way to just turn off one expansion without deinstalling it?

Message 1 of 4 (790 Views)

Re: Sims 3 on MacBook Air early 2014

★★ Novice

Oh and I have forgotten - when I try to create more than one sim the games stops displaying frames and I have to "find" the right buttons by clicking randomly somewhere about the right place xD I'll give you the screenshot, becaouse it is hard for me to explain that problem Wink

The message below the family name says "edit relationship" Wink

Message 2 of 4 (789 Views)

★★★ Novice

The exact same problems happen to me all of the time. if anyone has an answer let me know

Message 3 of 4 (732 Views)

Message 4 of 4 (726 Views)