Re: Sims 3 on MAC origin seasons download/install not showing up in launcher or as an option to unin

by aalexaaandrra

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 problem Ambitons and Supernatural won't install on mac

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

So I ordered Sims 3 Supernatural and Ambitions for my mac. I cancelled both of the downloads by a mistake and I don't know how to download it again.

Every time I try to install sims 3 Ambitions it always pauses 26 seconds and 56 seconds for Supernatural. I ordered another sims 3 ambitons because I thought it would work but no so I want my money back please.

@Bluebellflora  please and thank you in advance

Message 13 of 23 (2,068 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 problem Ambitons and Supernatural won't install on mac

@XxTheHolyBiblexX

In Origin click on Origin in the menu bar then Preferences. Click on the Advanced tab then click on Delete all Game Installers. After they have been deleted click on Browse Game Installers to make sure they have all gone. Now make sure that all traces of Ambitions and Supernatural have been deleted by reading and following the relevant instructions in this guide.

After you have done all that try downloading and reinstalling again. For refunds you need to contact EA customer support - http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 14 of 23 (2,539 Views)

All Replies

Sims 3 on MAC origin seasons download/install not showing up in launcher or as an option to uninstall on mac

★ Novice

I bought the Sims 3 Seasons through Origin. I downloaded it through their program, it worked fine. I then installed it and it worked fine. However, when I go to the launcher to start the game Seasons EP doesn't not show up as installed. If I go to uninstall the game (even though it appears in my applications folder) it is not an option to uninstall as every other EP I have is. I want to know why it isn't showing up when it seemed everything worked. I also cannot UNINSTALL it on my MAC, nor through origin, as origin still says PLAY for the SEASONS EP. However, I still cannot "PLAY" seasons even thought it says I can, because my MAC does not seem to recognize it as installed, even though the icon is in the applications folder with all my other EP's. PLEASE HELP! I've tried researching this problem for hours, and have had no solutions. I have the new Macbook AIR 2013 if that helps. 

THANKS!!!!

Message 1 of 23 (9,565 Views)

Re: Sims 3 on MAC origin seasons download/install not showing up in launcher or as an option to uninstall on mac

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
Sometimes the download or installation fails. This can be for a variety of factors, including your internet connection dropping out during the download. Sometimes this can result in an awkward situation in which Origin acts as though the game is installed correctly. This means you can’t play the game, but nor will Origin let you re-download it. You cannot easily “uninstall” the game, because of course it isn’t there.

First thing to do is to go into Applications on your Mac and look in the folder called “The Sims 3”. This is the location from which your game actually launches (as opposed to a similarly named folder within Documents, which is where your saves and other data are stored). In the folder in Applications you will see the shortcut icons for the base game as well as any expansions or stuff packs installed. If you can see the icon for the game that has failed to properly download from Origin, try right clicking on it and this should give you the option to show the original file. You can move the original files to the trash from there. This may allow you to commence a re-download from Origin. (Many thanks go to Tremayne from TS3 Mac forum for this suggestion.)

If this does not work, or if the icon is missing from the “The Sims 3” folder in Applications, then you may need to completely uninstall and reinstall.

You can delete and reinstall the Origin client for Mac and make sure it is up-to-date. The latest version can be downloaded from here: http://www.dm.origin.com/mac/download

Additional advice on how to download games (thank you Tremayne for this tip):
When downloading from Origin, do NOT use the first install icon. Move your cursor over the game cover and click on the information "i" and then click on the install button from there.

For some reason, downloads from Origin frequently become corrupted. Using the "i" reduces the chance of your download being corrupted. If you have already been unfortunate and have a corrupted download, then it is important to remove all traces of this before trying again, by doing a thorough, clean uninstallation first, of the game as well as Origin: http://bluebellflora.com/the-sims-3-on-a-mac/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/
Message 2 of 23 (10,680 Views)

Re: Sims 3 on MAC origin seasons download/install not showing up in launcher or as an option to unin

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you for taking the time to explain all of this. I have been trying to get help from the chat line and over the phone and unfortunately it has been frustrating and absolutely pointless. You have truly helped me. Thank you again.

Message 3 of 23 (9,484 Views)

Champion (Retired)

That's OK, no problem. I hope you can get your game working. Origin seems terribly flakey but once you are set up your game should be OK Standard smile

Message 4 of 23 (9,471 Views)

★ Novice

This worked. I haven't loaded the game yet to see, but it now shows up in the launcher! Thanks so much!!

Message 5 of 23 (9,450 Views)

★ Novice

I cannot thank you enough! Have looked everywhere and no one seemed to have a simple explanation. Standard smile

Message 6 of 23 (9,101 Views)

[MAC] Expansion pack says it's installed but hasn't?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I bought the Sims 3 pets expansion pack last night.  During installation an error message came up saying that it had to shut unexpectedly.  When I went to reinstall it, the game won't let me.  It says it's ready to play.  However it is not in my sims 3 folder, it won't play when I click on play and there seems to be no way to reinstall the game.  I have tried a number of trouble shooting ideas I have found on the internet like uninstalling origin client and none of them have worked.  I can't uninstall the whole of sims 3 as I have no idea where my original disc is... I use my expansion pack generations to play the game currently.  It's a mac.  I'm very annoyed that I have spent the money on a game I can't even play.  If anyone has any ideas?? 

Message 7 of 23 (3,522 Views)

Re: [MAC] Expansion pack says it's installed but hasn't?

Champion (Retired)

Hi

Sometimes the download or installation fails. This can be for a variety of factors, including your internet connection dropping out during the download. Sometimes this can result in an awkward situation in which Origin acts as though the game is installed correctly. This means you can’t play the game, but nor will Origin let you re-download it. You cannot easily “uninstall” the game, because of course it isn’t there.

There are two things you can try.

1.Go into Applications on your Mac's hard drive and look in the folder called “The Sims 3”. This is the location from which your game actually launches (as opposed to a similarly named folder within Documents, which is where your saves and other data are stored). In the folder in Applications you will see the shortcut icons for the base game as well as any expansions or stuff packs installed. If you can see the icon for the game that has failed to properly download from Origin, try right clicking on it and this should give you the option to show the original file. You can move the original files to the trash from there. This may allow you to commence a re-download from Origin. (Many thanks go to Tremayne from TS3 Mac forum for this suggestion.)

2. Look in Preferences in the Origin client and find the game installers. Delete the files relating to TS3. Log out of the client, then back in, then you may be able to start redownloading.

If this does not work, or if the icon is missing from the “The Sims 3” folder in Applications, then you may need to completely uninstall and reinstall.

Caspin

Message 8 of 23 (3,848 Views)

How to Switch from playing The Sims 3 on Mac, to playing it through Origin

★★ Novice

I tried to choose to redeem product code, through origin. However a notification pops up saying that the code has already been used as i have already installed it. Don't want to lose any content as   I have been playing for years. I'm only wishing to play through origin as the Sims 3 application will not read my disc, however my desktop will. 

Message 9 of 23 (1,974 Views)