Sims 3 not launching from origin

by Mozzamo3597

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 not launching from origin

★★★ Newbie

I've recently downloaded origin and found my old Sims 3 codes so I downloaded the games via origin, the game and the pets expansion pack downloaded fine, but whenever I try to open the game it pops up with a window saying 'unknown error occurred'. It gives me no other information or any other way of solving the problem. I tried to use the contact us thing with ea, but over chat, they keep saying that there are technical problems, and I cant talk to them over the phone as I live in New Zealand, not in the U.S. or Canada. I'm using a mac with OS High Serria, and i brought the games about four years ago. Is there anything anyone knows that could solve this problem? 

Message 1 of 2 (261 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 not launching from origin

@Mozzamo3597

Your issue is well documented with a workaround here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-3-Unknown-Error-in-El-Capitan-Sierra-High/...

You do not need Origin to play Sims 3, only to download it.

Locking this but please do post in the above linked thread if you need further help after trying the fix.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (240 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 3 not launching from origin

@Mozzamo3597

Your issue is well documented with a workaround here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-3-Unknown-Error-in-El-Capitan-Sierra-High/...

You do not need Origin to play Sims 3, only to download it.

Locking this but please do post in the above linked thread if you need further help after trying the fix.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (241 Views)