Sims 3 not launching from MAC!

by geneyumin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 not launching from MAC!

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi! I'm also having issues with launching the game from Origin AND Sims 3 launcher. Here are my info:

• Are you opted into the Origin beta? Yes/No: (Origin menu > Application Settings > Origin Beta Participation) - not sure
  • OS X version: OS X El Capitan
  • Processor, Memory and Graphics card information: Intel Core i7, intel HD Graphics 4000 1536mb, 8GB memory 1600 MHz DDR3
  • Expansions you have/have active: Seasons, World Travels, University, Generation, Pets
  • Issue: At first it says "no disc found". I deleted all cache information from the EA folder, removed CD then inserted it back. Same error. Uninstalled the game, redeemed product code, reinstalled it from origin, then an error came out saying "an unexpected error occurred" and the game would not even launch the launcher. I tried to reinstall the game using the cd i have but the same error occurred when I tried launching the game.

Thank you!!

Message 1 of 9 (3,315 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 not launching from MAC!

@geneyumin

Try completely uninstalling and reinstalling  - http://bluebellflora.com/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/ using the digital versions of the game and EPs.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (3,658 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@geneyumin

moved to the Mac forums Bluebellflora will reply to you as soon as is online

Message 2 of 9 (3,310 Views)

@geneyumin

Which Mac do you have? From the info you've provided it could be any model MacBook Pro or MacBook Air or Mac mini.

Please check out this stickied thread for disc error issues. Instructions for fixing it are in the opening post - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/The-Sims-3-Disc-Authorisation-No-Disc-Errors/m-p/4882518#U4882...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 3 of 9 (3,297 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora

Thanks for the reply!

I have a macbook pro (mid 2012). I did try to redeem product code, it took it but a different error came back saying "an unexpected error occur". rebooted my mac, removed the cd and tried to play from origin and it gave me the same error. Also tried reinstalling the game from my cd and the same error occured. Is that pretty normal? From what i'm reading in the forums, almost everyone that has a mac are having issues. 

Message 4 of 9 (3,294 Views)

@geneyumin

It won't work just from redeeming the product code, you have to uninstall the EP and then download and reinstall it after redeeming the code.

And don't forget these are help forums, people don't come on here to post how great their game runs Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 9 (3,290 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora lol true.. i meant having the same issues as mine. 

anyway, i did that.. uninstall it, redeemed code, downloaded and reinstalled the game from origin. it gave me the same error message. tried to contact EA but chat was only available at the time i guess, says wait time is under 5mins, yah i waited for 15mins and never got a response. i quit... lol

Message 6 of 9 (3,286 Views)

@geneyumin

Try completely uninstalling and reinstalling  - http://bluebellflora.com/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/ using the digital versions of the game and EPs.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 9 (3,659 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora

OMG the complete uninstall worked!! although, it did delete all of my games but that's okay.. and it didnt upload my EPs. any ideas how i can do that?

thanks again. i appreciate all your help! Standard smile :eahigh_file:

Message 8 of 9 (3,269 Views)

@geneyumin

Yay!

Register all your games in Origin then you can download the digital versions - http://bluebellflora.com/registering-a-product-code-in-origin/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 9 of 9 (3,258 Views)