Sims 3 not compatible with mac version 10.11.1

by pinknails122

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 not compatible with mac version 10.11.1

★★★★ Novice

I purchased the sims 3 starter pack for my mac this summer. I barely played it and removed it because of space. Now I want to play it again but when I installed it, it won't load. Apparently, the game is not compatible with the newest mac version I have, 10.11.1 OS X El Capitan. Can EA or somebody please release a new game patch where I can play the game with this newer mac version? I payed a lot of money plus for other expansion packs to realize it doesn't work. I don't want to install Sims 4 due to preference reasons and for the fact that this error will happen again when a new version will be released soon.  

Please somebody help! I'm super frustrated and I want my money back because I played less than a week on it! If I had known this would happen, I would've never bought this game. If this problem is fixed, I will be a lifetime customer, a very happy customer too! 

Message 1 of 2 (854 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 not compatible with mac version 10.11.1

[ Edited ]

@pinknails122

The game is compatible in El Capitan but not compatible on the majority of post 2013 Macs, as listed in the stickied thread at the top of this forum. You may have to fully and cleanly uninstall it to get it to work, or try the fix if your Mac is post 2013.

I had to reinstall my Store content after I had upgraded to El Capitan but that was it thankfully. If you would like a refund you would need to contact EA customer Support - http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (946 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 3 not compatible with mac version 10.11.1

[ Edited ]

@pinknails122

The game is compatible in El Capitan but not compatible on the majority of post 2013 Macs, as listed in the stickied thread at the top of this forum. You may have to fully and cleanly uninstall it to get it to work, or try the fix if your Mac is post 2013.

I had to reinstall my Store content after I had upgraded to El Capitan but that was it thankfully. If you would like a refund you would need to contact EA customer Support - http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (947 Views)