Sims 3 launcher keeps "quitting unexpectedly" and has "connection problems"

by mamadisonn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 launcher keeps "quitting unexpectedly" and has "connection problems"

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm new to the sims but when I'm trying to launch the game (on macbook pro)  it tells me everytime "the sims 3 launcher has quit unexpectedly". It gives me 3 options. to ignore the problem, report the problem or try and reopen the launcher. nothing works and I've tried it many times. I've restarted my mac and still getting the same problem. when i click ignore and continue it then says i have connection problems  when i actually have a very strong connection.

someone please help me! I've paid for this application and can't even use it!

thanks

Message 1 of 8 (2,094 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 launcher keeps "quitting unexpectedly" and has "connec

@mamadisonn  The "quit unexpectedly" error message has been popping up recently; it seems to depend on which packs you have installed, and which one you double-click on to launch the game.  But as you've seen, you can ignore it.

The connection error is a known issue and has been for several weeks now.  Please see this post for the solution:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Sims-3-quot-There-is-a-problem-connecting-to-the-server-quot/...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (2,072 Views)

All Replies

Champion

Getting the Sims 3 to work properly on the Mac OS requires some work, but guides have been written up to help install and play the game. Since you didn't state if you had read the guide sticked at the top of this forum, I will post the link for you. Please read over it carefully and it will guide you on how to get the game running.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/749...

Please note a few things. First of all, there is an ongoing problem in downloading and installing certain EPs. EA is aware of the issue and is working on a solution, but we do not have an idea of when. 

Since you are playing on a laptop, there are certain EPs that are very demanding on the computer's hardware. They are Pets, Seasons, Island Paradise and Into the Future. 

University Life downloads for some users, but not for others. Again, EA is aware of the issue.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 8 (2,078 Views)

@mamadisonn  The "quit unexpectedly" error message has been popping up recently; it seems to depend on which packs you have installed, and which one you double-click on to launch the game.  But as you've seen, you can ignore it.

The connection error is a known issue and has been for several weeks now.  Please see this post for the solution:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Sims-3-quot-There-is-a-problem-connecting-to-the-server-quot/...

Message 3 of 8 (2,073 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

hi,

thanks for this, it helped me to install the game properly but when i open it i still get those two messages and it won't let me play..??

Message 4 of 8 (2,056 Views)

@mamadisonn  Did you follow instructions in the post about the connection error?  Please note that if you have either World Adventures or High-End Loft Stuff installed, you'll need to move a working copy of the paul.dll file into the folder for that pack as well.  (More detailed instructions are in the post itself.)

Message 5 of 8 (2,048 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
"To find the files, right-click on the TS3 icon in Applications (the one that brings up the launcher) and select Show Package Contents."

how do i do this??? i need some help - what is TS3? and how come nothing happens when i right click?
Message 6 of 8 (2,042 Views)

@mamadisonn  TS3 is just an abbreviation of The Sims 3.  What you want to do is open Applications, then the Sims 3 folder, and then right-click (or control-click) on the Sims 3 plumbob icon.  (Use the base game icon, not an icon for one of the expansion or stuff packs.)  You'll see a list of options, including Show Package Contents.  From there, you can follow the instructions to navigate to the folders with the paul.dll files.

If you get stuck again, I'm happy to walk you through the process.  But it would be helpful to know which packs you've installed.

Message 7 of 8 (2,040 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
i’ve officially got the game up and running as i’m playing right now. thank you so so much for all your amazing help!!!!
Message 8 of 8 (2,032 Views)