Re: Sims 3 is unlocked but not downloaded?

by tabbycatpetz

Original Post

@tabbycatpetz  I take it you're playing on a Mac, since you reset Origin and since this is a common issue with the 64-bit Mac version.  The problem is that the "entitlements," as they're called, for the 64-bit versions of packs don't always get added to players' accounts.  This is simple to fix: contact EA customer support and request the entitlements.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 321 of 694 (776 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much. I am on live chat with someone right now and it looks like he is fixing it! Thanks and happy gaming!

Message 322 of 694 (772 Views)

Can't find Sims 3 64-bit in Origin

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I know this isn't quite the reply for a post like this, but it's my first time on this forum and I need some help, and I thought this might be a better idea than creating an entirely new thread.

I just got a Mac a month or so ago, but I can’t seem to see anything about Sims 3 64-bit when I look on Origin. Is it still available or have they gotten rid of it since October? I've searched for Sims 3 64 bit on Origin and the website and I cannot see anything, and there doesn't appear to be anything automatic prompting me that this is available. 

Have I missed my chance because I only got my Mac a month ago, or am i missing something?

I've read it can get very glitchy, and I know Macs are far inferior where games are concerned, and I’m 100% willing to keep my old computer just for Sims; but I’d love to be able to have it all on my new computer.

Thank you.

edited title after splitting thread.  -puzzlezaddict

Message 323 of 694 (848 Views)

Re: Can't find Sims 3 64-bit in Origin

@Diamondonmyteeth  I split your post into its own thread since it's about an entirely different topic.  It's just easier to keep a single thread to one topic or one player.

Anyway, you haven't missed your chance.  Anyone who owns Sims 3, or who buys it now, is supposed to receive the "entitlement," as it's called, for the 64-bit version as well.  However, sometimes that doesn't happen automatically.  The fix is simple though: contact EA customer support and request the entitlements for the base game and any packs you own.

Message 324 of 694 (835 Views)

Re: Can't find Sims 3 64-bit in Origin

★★ Novice

Thank you. I will look into that. Sorry about posting it as a reply somewhere else.

Message 325 of 694 (833 Views)

How do I claim the 64 bit version of Sims 3 on Origin?

★★★ Newbie

I took my Steam CD code and put it into Origin and registered it with Origin. I've heard that EA has already rolled out the 64 bit versions for MacOs, but how does it get added to my library? Do I need to click on something to tell it that I want the 64 bit version or does it get added automatically? Is that even possible from the Steam CD key or is it not "technically" under my Origin or EA Desktop account?

All the instructions I found mentioned using EA Desktop to claim it, but EA Desktop isnt on Mac and the last announcment about it was back in October 2020.

Message 326 of 694 (778 Views)

Re: How do I claim the 64 bit version of Sims 3 on Origin?

@Ehoba888  The 64-bit Mac version should automatically be added to your Origin game library when you register any product key for the game.  The two entries exist side by side:

DL 64-bit.png

If you don't see it, you'll need to contact EA customer support and request that the "entitlement, as it's called, for the 64-bit version be added to your account.

Message 327 of 694 (752 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Expansions Won't Install, Only Says 'Details'?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have redeemed the code for my disc of The Sims 3 Ambitions and told I have already redeemed this code, however I only get purchase and details with 1 posting of Ambitions in expansions.I too have old unused account/s. Could I have redeemed it there and that is why it is not showing in my Library and I am unable to install? Also I went to the link you posted and Ambitions does not show in the list for Help.

Thank you to anyone who has help

Message 328 of 694 (774 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Expansions Won't Install, Only Says 'Details'?

@thegreatcycle  The only way to find out is to contact EA customer support.  You don't need to choose "Ambitions" as a category; just select the Sims 3 base game.  You can search for it if it's not already showing, and in fact it's better to choose the base game rather than any given pack: you'll get more support options that way.

Message 329 of 694 (759 Views)

Sims 3 Expansion Pack Won't Install

★ Apprentice

Hi so I bought the Sims 3 Generations and the Sims 3 Seasons on Amazon about last week. Generations just came in (still waiting for Seasons), so I went to install it. I'm using a MacBook Pro Catalina (its the newest 2020 model), so I only could be able to install it using the code that was provided. So I redeemed the code and it said it was going to install, but when I pressed the "Okay" button, nothing happened. It didn't add itself to the downloads que, nothing. When I went to the Sims 3's game details and scrolled to expansion packs, I found that it said Generations was "unlocked" but there's no option at all to install it (see in the attached screenshot). It doesn't show up in the launcher either. I also have Pets, but I uninstalled it because it was bugging my game out, but even Pets has an options to download it. I tried repairing the game, nothing. I now just uninstalled it and it is reinstalling right now, but when it wanted me to check which expansions I wanted to download, it only showed Pets, and not Generations. I am very frustrated because I didn't want to spend $20 on a game that isn't going to work. Please help, thank you!

Message 330 of 694 (752 Views)