Sims 3 has glitch or bug

by desia2003

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 has glitch or bug

★★★ Apprentice

My sims game has this glitch or bug where whatever sim is selected their friendships stay even if I click on another sim. Like if I go into the game and person A is selected and I switch to person B, person A's relationships are still shown instead. There is also this red box all the way towards the end of all of friendships with no name or anything it's just a red box.

Message 1 of 4 (897 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 has glitch or bug

@desia2003  It sounds like your sims' relationship panels might be borked.  The first thing you can try, in case it helps, is deleting the cache files in your Sims 3 folder in Documents > Electronic Arts.  They should be deleted regularly anyway, and especially whenever you're troubleshooting.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If that doesn't help, the only non-mod-related step I can think of is to evict your sims in Edit Town and place them back in their house.  They'll keep their jobs and relationships but lose any promised wishes or opportunities.

If you use mods or are willing to try, NRaas RelationshipPanel should help.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (874 Views)

All Replies

@desia2003  It sounds like your sims' relationship panels might be borked.  The first thing you can try, in case it helps, is deleting the cache files in your Sims 3 folder in Documents > Electronic Arts.  They should be deleted regularly anyway, and especially whenever you're troubleshooting.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If that doesn't help, the only non-mod-related step I can think of is to evict your sims in Edit Town and place them back in their house.  They'll keep their jobs and relationships but lose any promised wishes or opportunities.

If you use mods or are willing to try, NRaas RelationshipPanel should help.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (875 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I thought I replied to this but I guess I didn't sorry! I tried the cache thing and it was still messed up, the red square was still towards the end and the relationships still wouldn't change. I also removed my mods and it was still like that so it has to be something w/o mods. I actually can't evict my sims because they're in university! Any other options?

Message 3 of 4 (829 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I tried the Nraas relationship panel mod and I had to go to each sim and delete the red square and it worked!

Message 4 of 4 (826 Views)