Re: Sims 3 flicking MacBook

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 flicking MacBook

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded sims 3 with all the packs last week and when I opened it and got through to the town I wanted, my screen began to flicker and I could barely click anything. I knew this was not my computer as when I exited, it was fine. I tried reinstalling after uninstalling, clearing cache, and following the steps that the origin helper told me and nothing seems to work. 

Message 1 of 2 (298 Views)

Accepted Solution

@shelbyfink23  Please go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 and delete options.ini.  Load the game again and don't change any of the graphics settings, other than the resolution; let me know if you still get flickering.

If the flickering still happens, please list the full specs of your Mac: everything under About This Mac except for the serial number.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (284 Views)

All Replies

@shelbyfink23  Please go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 and delete options.ini.  Load the game again and don't change any of the graphics settings, other than the resolution; let me know if you still get flickering.

If the flickering still happens, please list the full specs of your Mac: everything under About This Mac except for the serial number.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (285 Views)