Sims 3 - expansions/stuff packs not downloading

by beccalouise986

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Expansion Pack Won't Install

@Lola18790  When you buy a pack or redeem a product key for one, sometimes the "entitlement," as it's called, for the 64-bit version of that pack doesn't get added to your account.  So you'll need to contact support and ask that the entitlement for Generations be added.  This is simple for a support rep to do.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 331 of 694 (9,176 Views)

64-Bit Mac EP redemption and Playability Issues Sims 3

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi, I need some help. I just purchased Ambitions expansion for The Sims 3 and was a given a code to redeem. I redeemed it through Origin and it says It's unlocked on origin, but the Sims 3 launcher doesn't indicate I own it. It doesn't download as well on the origin launcher. I am playing on 64-bit Mac M1 13" MBP. My previous EP Island Paradise which I installed on my windows last time before switching over to 64-bit mac version of the Sims 3 is playable. It seems like additional downloads of expansion packs and stuff packs will face the same issue. How do I fix this, and how can i avoid this next time if i want to purchase more packs and making it playable on Origin?

Message 332 of 694 (9,203 Views)

Re: 64-Bit Mac EP redemption and Playability Issues Sims 3

@Ethanol97  The fix is to contact EA customer support and request that the "entitlement," as it's called, for the 64-bit version of Ambitions be added to your account.  This is easy for a support rep to do.

There's unfortunately no way to prevent this from happening in the future.  It shouldn't happen at all, but as of now, something about how packs are added to an account doesn't always work properly.  Hopefully it will be fixed in the future, but until then, a chat with support should fix the issue quickly enough.

Message 333 of 694 (9,173 Views)

Sims 3 Expansion Bundle Unlocked but Not Installing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I purchased the Sims 3 Expansions Bundle, and since then Generations and World Adventures have shown up as "unlocked," but they have not installed into my game, and there is no option to install them. The actual bundle on Origin does not show up as purchased. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do about this?

Message 334 of 694 (9,605 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Expansion Bundle Unlocked but Not Installing

@CatCrackerz  You'll need to contact EA customer support to request that the "entitlements," as they're called, for the 64-bit version of Generations and WA be added to your account.  This is a common issue and should be simple for support to handle.

Message 335 of 694 (9,595 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Expansion Bundle Unlocked but Not Installing

★★★★ Novice

thank you for the advice-- I was hoping to avoid doing the live-chat, but it worked!

Message 336 of 694 (9,581 Views)

Sims 3 - expansions/stuff packs not downloading

★ Novice

Hi there,

im having a nightmare with the download of my expansions/stuff packs. I can get the base game on, no problems and it’s playable. I’ve registered all my game codes however on origin it shows it’s owned, there’s a green tick with unlocked next to it there’s a orange button with details and then purchase as a gift. There’s no option to download them. I’m really struggling and would appreciate any help I can get. I’ve spoken with the water technicians and tried every troubleshooting issue they’ve offered. From updating my system to deleting everything to clearing caches and so on. 

thank you for your time! 

Message 337 of 694 (9,249 Views)

Re: Sims 3 - expansions/stuff packs not downloading

@beccalouise986  Do you play the Mac version of Sims 3?  There's a known issue where the "entitlements," as they're called, for the 64-bit versions of packs don't get added to players' accounts.  If that's the issue, the solution is simple: contact EA support and request those entitlements.

If your computer runs Windows, please let me know what other troubleshooting steps you've taken so far, so I don't waste your time repeating suggestions you've already tried.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Message 338 of 694 (9,228 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict It is the Mac version, I’ve been in contact with them 4 times and they’ve never mentioned that. I’ll give that a go and update if it gets resolved. Thank you for your help ☺️
Message 339 of 694 (9,220 Views)

★ Novice

All sorted now. It was apparently an internal issue with the game files, whether that’s the same as the permissions not being carried over - I’m not sure. But the advisor for ea help (Raman) was very helpful. 

Message 340 of 694 (9,216 Views)